No NFL in HD this Sunday?????!!!! (CBS & Fox)

dnyce

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 28, 2004
Atlanta
Alright now I'm worried. I don't think I'm alone int his but maybe I am. The main reason I got Voom is to watch Football in HD. Ofcourse it would have made more sense for me to go to DirecTV but I didn't want to spend the extra $, and who could pass up free everything with Voom. And hey I can live with watching 3 HD games a week instead of 12. No biggie.

BUT I just checked the schedule for Sunday, and the only HD game is on Sunday night on ESPN. Am I missing something??? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale so I get:
Tennesee V Miami, going to be a great game with two teams with no running games. All passing and high scoring, but in SD.
Giants v Philadelphia, with all the hype about TO in Philly and Eli in NY I was sure Fox is sending their HD cameras over to PA for this game. Nope in SD.
:confused:
I'm hoping and praying that perhaps Zap2it doesn't know which games are going to be in HD so we have to wait until Sunday to find out.
Somebody please tell me this is true. I've waited too long for this Football season.

Here's the schedule for the first 5 weeks:

FOX HD NFL GAMES THROUGH WEEK 5

Week 1 - Sunday, September 12
1:00p
Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears
Tampa Bay Bucs @ Washington Redskins
Arizona Cardinals @ St. Louis Rams
4:00p
Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings
NY Giants @ Philadelphia Eagles
Atlanta Falcons @ SF 49ers

Week 2 - Sunday, September 19
Washington Redskins @ NY Giants
Chicago Bears @ Green Bay Packers
St. Louis Rams @ Atlanta Falcons
SF 49ers @ New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers @ Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks @ Tampa Bay Bucs

Week 3 - Sunday, September 26
Chicago Bears @ Minnesota Vikings
Philadelphia Eagles @ Detroit Lions
Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons
New Orleans Saints @ St Louis Rams
Green Bay Packers @ Indianapolis Colts
SF 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

Week 4 - Sunday, October 3
NY Giants @ Green Bay Packers
Philadelphia Eagles @ Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins @ Cleveland Browns
New Orleans Saints @ Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons @ Carolina Panthers

Week 5 - Sunday, October 10
NY Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
Minnesota Vikings @ Houston Texans
Tampa Bay Bucs @ New Orleans Saints
Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos
Arizona Cardinals @ SF 49ers
St. Louis Rams @ Seattle Seahawks

The main reason you got Voom was to watch football in HD :confused:
The only HD football you are going to get with VOOM is ESPN and NFL HD channel for highlights if they get it in time for football season. Anything else you would need OTA and that is dependent on your local affiliates carrying the game in HD.

Don't give me that HD crap on Sunday Ticket, it's the same games being broadcast by CBS/ABC/FOX on D*, ESPN carries their own games. I think the Zap2it guide is wrong, CBS will be hosting the most games in HD, also 9/12 there's a huge list of Fox stations transmitting in HD, 720p too not 480p ED stuff.

I won't pay $250 a year or whatever to watch the same games over and over anyway. I follow what, 1 or 2 NFL teams mainly? Please...it is possible that locally CBS will air the Tennessee Titans vs Miami game in SD, but they have another game in HD being shown mostly everywhere else, or at 4pm? Sorry but as much as I love the Fins the rest of the nation isn't expecting Miami to accomplish much this year, hence their opener will probably not be in HD.. a shame really...

DarrellP said:
Here's the schedule for the first 5 weeks:

FOX HD NFL GAMES THROUGH WEEK 5.......

DarrellP thanks for the schedule. That's what I needed.

And I know DirecTV is the king of Football but I'm not willing to pay $300 to get every single game when I will most likely end up watching the game shown on my local channels anyway.

My fear was that by some crazy misfortune I wouldn't see any games in HD. 3 every Sunday or even 2 on Sunday and 1 Monday night will Suffice.
Worse case scenario for SD games I'll switch to Dish and trade in my 720/1080 beautiful lines for 480 lines and PVR capabilities. Not a bad trade when you want to see someone get their helmet knocked off by Ray Lewis 20 times :)

Booo Dolphins. Go Giants!
I'm Behind Enemy Lines born in NY live in Ft Lauderdale.
Hate all FL teams besides the Hurricanes.

I think that DirecTV, Voom, whomever could make a whole wack of a lot more money on this "NFL Sunday Ticket" propaganda by offering more options. Right now, all you can do is buy all the games or none. Why not offer a PPV option, where you could buy just the games you want? In case two of the games you want are playing at the same time, have each game run on a seperate channel and repeat. If you buy it, you can watch it over and over. Or they could also offer a smaller package. You could pick 5 teams that you want to watch every week, and you could only view those games. This all or none BS just seems so backwards to me. You can't even watch all the games you are paying for, unless you have 10 friggin receivers.

OK,
vent session: OFF

dnyce said:
I'm Behind Enemy Lines born in NY live in Ft Lauderdale.

What the hell are you talking about Florida is NY's sixth burrough. They could build a replica of Yankee Stadium in Coral Springs, and the only time people would get confused would be in the winter.

Furor said:
I think that DirecTV, Voom, whomever could make a whole wack of a lot more money on this "NFL Sunday Ticket" propaganda by offering more options. Right now, all you can do is buy all the games or none. Why not offer a PPV option, where you could buy just the games you want? In case two of the games you want are playing at the same time, have each game run on a seperate channel and repeat. If you buy it, you can watch it over and over. Or they could also offer a smaller package. You could pick 5 teams that you want to watch every week, and you could only view those games. This all or none BS just seems so backwards to me. You can't even watch all the games you are paying for, unless you have 10 friggin receivers.

OK,
vent session: OFF

I remember a few years back I received something int he mail about a class action suit against D* and the NFL. Once of the settlements was supposed to be the ability to purchase one week at a time for like $20 or something. However I'm not sure if that is an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts