No OTA on second tuner?

Don_S

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Hi All,

I have a ViP 622 dual-tuner DVR feeding an HDTV (TV1) and an analog SDTV (TV2). I have an OTA antenna in the attic. The OTA signal is combined (?diplexed) with the satellite signal and is carried via a single coax to the 622. The same coax also carries the backfeed signal from the 622 to TV2 via a distribution point in the basement. There is a single coax cable from the distribution point in the basement to TV2.(all this is accomplished by a series of diplexers and a separator). I am able to get all satellite channels and OTA broadcasts on TV1 but cannot get OTA programs on TV2 (in the setup menu on TV2, the local channels setup button is grayed out). Is it not possible to receive OTA signals on TV2 using my current setup?

The 622 does not pass OTA to TV2 in Dual Mode. Single Mode, yes. Page 117 of User's guide.

No. Only way to watch OTA on TV 2 is to record it on 1 and play it back.

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! That's what I was afraid might be the case, but wasn't sure. I wonder if I could start recording OTA on tuner 2 and then immediately (or a couple of minutes later) start watching it on TV2?

Thanks for the quick replies, guys! That's what I was afraid might be the case, but wasn't sure. I wonder if I could start recording OTA on tuner 2 and then immediately (or a couple of minutes later) start watching it on TV2?

I would say you could start recording OTA on tuner 1 and play back on tv2. Remember tv2 does not have an ota tuner for tv2 on the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)