no picture on 811

bpasker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
I have an 811, 510 and 311. Both my 510 and 311 have picture this evening, but my 811 does not. I can pull up the guide but there is no picture or sound from any channels I turn to. Did they recently release a new software that this is a know problem? Any other thoughts that may cause this or advice to fix it? I can power off and on with no problem, everything else seems to work fine except for no picture or sound. I've had my 811 for over a year now and this is the first real problem I've had with it. :(

Congratulations. You have received the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH!!!!

Hold down power button on the front of the receiver for about 10 seconds, then release. Then wait while the 811 goes through the steps to reboot.

If you get the BSOD again rinse and repeat :)

Thanks for the advice. I just tried it with my unit starting in the off position. Held down for about 10-11 seconds and nothing. Now when I try to turn it on, just hittin power on the 811 or remote I get nothing, no power. I know this happens when your unit is downloading new software, but I haven't heard word one about software releases lately for the 811. I think I'll let her sit for a couple more minutes, try again and if nothing then wait until the a.m. Thanks again for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)