No Picture or Sound w/811

timmyt101

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Phoenix AZ
I've had an 811 for about two months (version 269 for about a week) and about two hours ago, I lost both picture & sound...just a black screen. Menus & program guides still come up and are current and the 301 in the bedroom works fine.

Any thoughts? I've watched the timer on the program guide as we flipped past the half-hour and it is staying updated, but that may be because the program guide is buffered. Please advise before I call into Dish. Thanks.

Tim in Phoenix

timmyt101 said:
I've had an 811 for about two months (version 269 for about a week) and about two hours ago, I lost both picture & sound...just a black screen. Menus & program guides still come up and are current and the 301 in the bedroom works fine.

Any thoughts? I've watched the timer on the program guide as we flipped past the half-hour and it is staying updated, but that may be because the program guide is buffered. Please advise before I call into Dish. Thanks.

Tim in Phoenix
If you haven't already, hold down the power button on the front of the 811 for 10 sec. The unit should reboot and hopefully you will have your pic and sound back.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)