No Planet Green HD for me

i figured this out for me the other day.

you and I are getting the sd channel cause it's in free preview

the hd channel is hidden from non subscribers (Ie you have to have hd gold to get it)

Right now I have Silver HD @$10.00 a month and Platinum HD @$10.00. I also have top 200 package. I thought I would I would get Planet Green because I isn't it the old Discovery channel?

I managed to watch about 30 seconds of it last night - some kind of rant intervention thing, about how our use of metal hangers and plastic wrap is destroying the planet. I may take another peek at it in a couple of days to see if that is typical of the programming. If it is, I won't be watching it much in the future.

a lot of my Hd Channels when launched aren't displayed in the guide, my system is locked so some of the new channels have to unlocked to view. Only my PPV and adult is hidden, so some of the new added hd has to be unlokced to view. Using a VIP 622

vicw,

Following your semi off-topic post...why would you avoid watching much of it in the future?

Either they're right about things like that destroying the planet, or they're wrong. How will you know if you don't watch it to find out and look into it yourself?

Or, if someone says that something is destroying the planet, do you just not want to hear about it?

Just curious, don't take this as a personal attack. I see a lot of people that get very angry when someone talks about saving the planet, and I'm trying to figure out why.

vicw,

Following your semi off-topic post...why would you avoid watching much of it in the future?

Either they're right about things like that destroying the planet, or they're wrong. How will you know if you don't watch it to find out and look into it yourself?

Or, if someone says that something is destroying the planet, do you just not want to hear about it?

Just curious, don't take this as a personal attack. I see a lot of people that get very angry when someone talks about saving the planet, and I'm trying to figure out why.

No offense taken.

I'm always open to learning, when the subject is presented objectively, and supported by fact, but I resent having anyone in my face with a handful of coat hangers and plastic bags yelling at me that I am destroying the planet. That's how the short snippet of the Green Channel impressed me.

That's not to say I won't ever watch it again, but I am suspicious of any agenda-laden media that tries to intimidate me into behavior they find acceptable. Make a case with supportable data, and I'll listen, but let me decide what to believe.

Since as you say, this is semi off-topic, we should wrap up this exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)