No playback of events recorded from channels you no longer subscribe to - bug or not?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fuzzfacefrombboard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Missouri
So is the inability to playback recordings from channels you no longer subscribe to a bug or not? I've seen conflicting "reports".

According to a DIRT team response, it is not a bug. Some channels are blocking watching recorded events if you no longer subscribe. The problem with the answer given is they said it applies to all receivers. I never have had one program not play back on a channel I no longer subscribe to on my 612 receivers. I don't know if the DIRT response is correct but just can't be blocked on some receivers, or if they were given wrong info.

Specifically, I cannot play back a movie recorded last year during a free Cinemax preview weekend. Could definitely watch on my 722K.

Supposedly software updates have made the issue better (specifically with EPIX recordings) so that would seem to indicate to me that it is a bug and not in fact intentional. Not to mention the fact that the older ViPs don't have the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts