No program guide listings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Keifuz

Original poster
May 2, 2008
Has anyone had to deal with this situation before? Here's a message I've sent to E outlining the problem...

"I'm a DishNetwork customer in northwest AR. On Dish's program guide, we are unable to view listings for our OTA channels KHOG 29-1 (ABC affiliate) and a new CW channel on KHOG 29-2, both owned by Hearst-Argyle Television
(KHBS Hearst-Argyle Television, Inc.) PLEASE look at this wikipedia page: KHBS/KHOG-TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In Ft. Smith, where their transmitters are KHBS... their guides show up fine for OTA. But in northwest Arkansas, where their transmitters are KHOG (but with the same programming) we have no guide info.

I've attached a pic of what these channels look like in the settings... Again, 29-1 KHOG D is the ABC affiliate, same as KHBS; and 29-2 KHOG C is the CW affiliate.

Please help. Thanks"

Attachments

• khog ota.jpg
    khog ota.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 228
I've been trying to get someone to listen to me about this situation for months now. At first I tried Tribune Media (who runs the Dish Guide service). They told me that it was Dish's fault.

I've tried several times to get a hold of someone in programming at Dish to get them to copy the Channel 40 info over to Channel 29 so we can use the DVR for Channel 29 and see our programming in HD.

I keep hitting dead ends. I am planning on trying to call in on the Charlie Chat or Tech Chat program but I have a feeling that they won't know what is going on and I'll get another one of those "I'll get back to you" answers.

Maybe if someone with some clout at 40/29 or Hearst-Argyle would call Dish they would have better luck.

Maybe if someone with some clout at 40/29 or Hearst-Argyle would call Dish they would have better luck.

There is a thread here for NWA & Ft. Smith OTA signals... Fort Smith, AR - HDTV - AVS Forum and actually, the engineer from KHBS/KHOG says he's talked to them many times as well and that he doesn't have any more 'pull' than us. It's like everyone at E either doesn't know how to fix it or just won't.

dishquality@echostar.com - deals with issues about ota channels also. If you send detailed information to them in an email , they will respond. I worked with them over my local Fox hd station ota that didn't get guide information . IT took about 5 months but it is now got guide data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts