No RESUME while watching DVR recordings. Ugg

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
For all the great things I love about the Hopper. I already lothe not being able to check mark multiple programs to mass delete.

I just noticed while watching a DVR recorded program and changing channel and going back to DVR menu there is only choices to START OVER or LIVE TV. Where is RESUME! Am I missing something? Even the old 7200 back in the day had RESUME so you could play from where you left off. This is bunk.:(

For all the great things I love about the Hopper. I already lothe not being able to check mark multiple programs to mass delete.

I just noticed while watching a DVR recorded program and changing channel and going back to DVR menu there is only choices to START OVER or LIVE TV. Where is RESUME! Am I missing something? Even the old 7200 back in the day had RESUME so you could play from where you left off. This is bunk.:(
The only time I can't resume is if I was watching something that's still recording.

Probably talking about resume while the recording is in progress? If so, none of the DVRs that I am aware of have this functionality. You can only start utilizing resume once the recording is done recording (for some strange reason.)

I agree with not being able to select multiple recordings for mass delete. The only way to do this currently is to turn folders off which is not exactly intuitive. I hope Dish will fix that soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Probably talking about resume while the recording is in progress? If so, none of the DVRs that I am aware of have this functionality. You can only start utilizing resume once the recording is done recording (for some strange reason.)
For the umteenth time, my 722 resumes while a recording is in progress just fine. You just have to initiate watching the in-progress recording from the tuner that isn't doing the recording.

Hmm, I was able to resume a recording in progress with not issue with my Motorola garbage FIOS box with Verizon. I am fairly sure I could as well with my Directv box as well. Okay Guess it is what it is. Yes I know about the change out of folder to delete only option but it too is awful as it then just deletes one show at a time by recoreded time and day. They really need the basic function of mass delete by checkbox like all other DVRs. Other then that I love it.
Thanks

For the umteenth time, my 722 resumes while a recording is in progress just fine. You just have to initiate watching the in-progress recording from the tuner that isn't doing the recording.

Yes I totally agree! I know this is the first DVR of any type for me anyway where this is not an option... Thanks for helping me know I am not crazy;

dare2be said:

For the umpteenth time, that doesn't really matter if you are trying to do it from the same TV.

For the umpteenth time, that doesn't really matter if you are trying to do it from the same TV.

Yeah, but on the ViP receivers, you can't "change the channel" on the same TV without stopping the recording.

dare2be said:
Yeah, but on the ViP receivers, you can't "change the channel" on the same TV without stopping the recording.

True. Don't know why Dish doesn't just fix the resuming while recording.

Not a huge deal at all to me, though.

Can use another tuner and pause there for an hour using PiP if really needed.

iceshark said:
(

I am able to mass delete items on mine.
Select 'Edit All'

image-3138904851.jpg

Select 'Select All'

image-3427451653.jpg

Select 'Edit action, then select delete'

image-568008448.jpg

You can use the colored jump buttons to save a few remote clips.

Sent from my Phone using SatelliteGuys

I am able to mass delete items on mine.
Select 'Edit All'

View attachment 82087

Select 'Select All'

View attachment 82088

Select 'Edit action, then select delete'

View attachment 82089

You can use the colored jump buttons to save a few remote clips.

Not what we mean. This will only allow you do delete complete folders of programs recorded.
What we need and want and ALL other DVRs have is the ability to drill down one more level,
Open folder and put check marks next to specific episodes we want to mass delete.
Example
Seinfeld- 135 episodes. Choose by checkmark lets say 70 episodes to delete
ESPN Sports center 18 episodes, Put check mark next to 15 I have seen and want to delete. Ect ect.
All DVRS have this simple option except this one.

Ok u see what you mean now. I guess for now you will just have to use the no folders option select them that way.