No RF capability with hr20-100??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

koolbrz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
WILLIAMSBURG, VA
I just got a hr20-100 as a replacement for a faulty hr20-700 and it won't work in RF mode and barely works in IR--Have 2 remotes, both FCC approved and even though system info says its using RF, neither work in that mode. Haved changed batteries, reset to factory defaults, etc. etc., re-programmed them and now wondering if the hr20-100 can't work in RF mode ???
THANX

The HR20-100 is notorious for it's bad RF mode. Surprised to hear that you're having problems with IR though. Oddly mine works best when I aim away from the set, and bounce the IR off a wall.

The HR20-100 is notorious for it's bad RF mode. Surprised to hear that you're having problems with IR though. Oddly mine works best when I aim away from the set, and bounce the IR off a wall.
LOL--will try it, but wish there was a solution to RF problem
THANX

The HR20-100 requires an external antenna for RF. Is it attached?

The external antenna is useless with this receiver. I've tried mine from 3 feet away and if I just lower the remote to below the reciever,,,,, nothing. Simply put the RF on the HR20-100 is a POS! That said, I too am surprised tha there's also a problem with the guy's IR. I found it to be quite good, better than most in fact.

If I were connected to 2 TV's with this 2-tuner reciever, I would be highly pissed off over the lack of a good RF. It's a wellknown problem now and DirecTv hasn't gone out of their way to make it right. Pretty pathetic in my opinion and a recall of all these rceievers should have been done months ago. I justhappen to be one of the lucky ones that can live w/o needing that second tuner.

Cheers,
Robin

The only issue I have with the RF remote on my HR20-100 is that occasionally when I press a button, the receiver acts like I hit it twice.

I set all my HR's to RF and had no problems except for the double click that was mentioned earlier in this post. If you got a spare E* antenna, plug that one in and try it. ( I know, why would I even have a spare E* antenna in my house? Just thought I would throw it out their since I interchanged them myself) I remember having to go thru the set up a couple of times to get it to work properly. If you have another remote, try setting up that one to the 100. You can always re-program it back to your other receiver. Check the model number on the remote. Some of them are not RF remotes. One of the strings here has the model numbers listed that are and aren't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts