No Signal From 30.0°W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
30W is out of USALS range for us here in Metro New Orleans, but the motor can still reach it. You have to use DiSEqC 1.2 to manually move the motor there and save the position. That is one reason why I intend to erect a fixed dish for 30W. Other than the fact that it takes FOREVER for the motor to move almost all the way East and back, I dislike using DiSEqC 1.2.

Thanks Tron,

Now when using the DiSeqC 1.2 function, is this a hit and miss operation, or is there a specific method of finding the 30.0w satellite. I have been around here for a while but I am still new in learning how to do things and using the DiSEqc 1.2 function.

Thank You.

The Orasat OS-DL2 dual linear LNB is dead, so it seems. When I took it down and cracked open the case, I noticed water in the casing, and some drops inside the feed horn!:eek: The funny thing is that I mounted this lnb/dish upside just for fun and to account for future tree growth in my line of sight. In the end, I replaced the bad lnb with a spare of the same model and all signals are back on.:D I will have to seal the case of the replaced lnb first chance I get tomorrow.
Just an idea that we use for drying out damp electronics. Grab some uncooked white rice, put in in the microwave for about a minute to get it very warm (and extra dry). Let it cool enough to handle then submerge the cell phone, lnb, etc in the rice. Leave it for a few hours. Dump the rice back into a microwave bowl and repeat. About the only things I have never been able to recover are pieces that have been left powered so they get the green tinge, and hard drives. I have salvaged a couple of floppy disks. (CD players about 30%.)

How I've save a LOT of electronics: ASAP, submerge completely in denatured alcohol. Keeping it submerged, agitate vigorously displacing all air, let set a while, agitate again. Shake out alcohol, and let it air dry(actually letting the alcohol evaporate). Might not be feasible for anything that also incorporates mechanics like tape/CD players. I saved my C band LNBF last fall by just poring alcohol over the area that got filled with water. Looked at it when I recently replaced it and no evidence of corrosion.

Probably the drowned LNB could be saved, if you let it dry out in a warm place for 1-2 days. I tried to convert circular LNB to linear by removing the plastic insert, and immersed its front cap into a mug with hot water for a few seconds. The cap came out easily, but some water got inside. After removal of the insert, the LNB did not work. But the next day, after it dried out, it worked fine. Hopefully, yours could be cured, too. Cheers, polgyver
I'm letting it dry out now. I will test it in a few days to see if it belongs in the spare box or in the garbage.

Just an idea that we use for drying out damp electronics. Grab some uncooked white rice, put in in the microwave for about a minute to get it very warm (and extra dry). Let it cool enough to handle then submerge the cell phone, lnb, etc in the rice. Leave it for a few hours. Dump the rice back into a microwave bowl and repeat. About the only things I have never been able to recover are pieces that have been left powered so they get the green tinge, and hard drives. I have salvaged a couple of floppy disks. (CD players about 30%.)

How I've save a LOT of electronics: ASAP, submerge completely in denatured alcohol. Keeping it submerged, agitate vigorously displacing all air, let set a while, agitate again. Shake out alcohol, and let it air dry(actually letting the alcohol evaporate). Might not be feasible for anything that also incorporates mechanics like tape/CD players. I saved my C band LNBF last fall by just poring alcohol over the area that got filled with water. Looked at it when I recently replaced it and no evidence of corrosion.
Wow! This are definitely new ways to salvage wet electronics.

Just looked into the "List" and noticed that all of the offered channels are not compatable with my receiver, so even if I get a chance to find the 30.0W satellite, I cannot be able to enjoy it.

Still waiting for the microHD receiver, this receiver will defenenitely take care of all the problems that I am encountering right now.

Thank You.

Thanks Tron,

Now when using the DiSeqC 1.2 function, is this a hit and miss operation, or is there a specific method of finding the 30.0w satellite. I have been around here for a while but I am still new in learning how to do things and using the DiSEqc 1.2 function.

Thank You.

You have to change the motor selection for 30W to DiSEqC 1.2 (the other satellites can stay set to USALS). Keep pushing the button in your menu to move the dish East. Make sure you're tuned to an active TP. When you get quality, push the button to save location. The location will be stored in your motor for 30W.

Any old receiver will get the Cuban channels with the American programming of dubious provenance. If you want the South American channels that had the hot babes at Carnival time, you'll need an S2 receiver. (And I think also MPEG4, although I don't think there's an S2 receiver without that right now.)

I sometimes pre-aim the motor with the buttons on the motor itself,then it's just a minor east/west tweak for max quality.
The cuban channels sometimes have old american tv shows with no commercials.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts