No Signal from new cable

amorbis343

Original poster
Aug 26, 2009
Westfir, OR
I recently moved into my brothers room, where he used to have a DISH box. I do also, so I simply hooked mine up with the same cable he used to use, and turned it on. Unfortunately I'm stuck at the "Attention" screen where is says progress 0 out of 5 forever.

My signal status says I am currently experiencing signal loss.
Switch status: Connected to a DPP Twin with 3 inputs
External LNB: N/C. No connection.

I just want to find out how to make it so I cannot recieve a signal again.

Go to menu, system set up and point dish. Should lead you to the area that allows you to do a switch test.

Are you swapping like box for like box? Could be an issue if you are moving a 625 where a 622 was previously installed.

His box was a different model because mine is a DVR. But I thought it doesn't matter as long as your connected to the Sattelite. I'm running the switch test and all it says is Installed Device is Unknown. It also says no switch box detected

Makes difference

His box was a different model because mine is a DVR. But I thought it doesn't matter as long as your connected to the Sattelite. I'm running the switch test and all it says is Installed Device is Unknown. It also says no switch box detected

Newer models do not work with older LNB/switches. What kind of DVR did you get?

Solved!

The problem was solved! I found out that my box's cable wasn't even hooked up correctly to the Dish Satellite. So I used my old reciever's cable and unhooked it from the Dish Satellite and instead hooked it up to the new reciever. So it was just a stupid mistake. Thank you all for your advice, and if I every have anymore problems I will come here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)