No signal from the Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

saea501

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2004
First my local HDs went out, then all HD, then all channels. I now have nothing, no signal strength at the receiver yet when I connect a peaking meter at the Dish I have good signal strength. When I move the Dish of course the strength varies as I would expect. I ran a new RG from the Dish to the receiver, same result, no signal at the receiver. With the peaking meter in line and showing good strength I can block any or all of the LNBs and the meter pegs to the max, which seems weird. Seems it should go to near zero.

Dish is coming on Tuesday but I have always installed and maintained this myself for the past 17 years. I guess I think I should be able to correct this.

Any thoughts?

First my local HDs went out, then all HD, then all channels. I now have nothing, no signal strength at the receiver yet when I connect a peaking meter at the Dish I have good signal strength. When I move the Dish of course the strength varies as I would expect. I ran a new RG from the Dish to the receiver, same result, no signal at the receiver. With the peaking meter in line and showing good strength I can block any or all of the LNBs and the meter pegs to the max, which seems weird. Seems it should go to near zero.

Dish is coming on Tuesday but I have always installed and maintained this myself for the past 17 years. I guess I think I should be able to correct this.

Any thoughts?
What Arc ? And what's your setup?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Western.

Not sure what you mean by 'what's my set up'. Dish to the receiver.....pretty straight forward.

My WAG: your LNB/switch went bad. I think Troch was trying to get you to say 1000.2. Do you have any other receivers, even unactivated ones, that you could try instead of the one that has zero signal strength?

Western.

Not sure what you mean by 'what's my set up'. Dish to the receiver.....pretty straight forward.
Well it's helpful to know if you have a Hopper , or VIP equipment.
Because there are other things to troubleshoot like nodes.

So my setup would be for example,
"I am on Eastern arc, Using a 1000.4 , I have two hopper 2s and 2 Joeys plus a 211z."
That would right off the bat tell me and everyone else that obviously a duo node ,possibly a tap and /or Splitter and most likely a DPP44 are in the setup.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts