No signal to either receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pa99

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
northeast
I'm getting no signal to either receiver. One is VIP722k, other is VIP 222K. Past couple days using power button to reset would fix it after many tries. Now nothing, no signal to either receiver. The Technician who installed it is coming in a day or two but I'm hoping it is something I can fix. Any thoughts?

No snow or rain, no damage or movement of dishes, standard or the HD dish.

I wouldn't do a Check Switch. If you have no signals, then you'll lose the satellites you currently have.
Then your Shooting in the dark if a simple ajustment is only required.
Unless you have satellite signal equipment, don't do a check switch without a satellite signal of some type.

Yes, I did Check Switch. If it's the LNB would that mean the LNB on both dishes went bad at the same time? The signal just came back but signal strength is only 43 to70 depending on satellite. When check switch is done you have the option to keep new info. or go back to original settings , which is what I did. Again signal is back but for how long.

Please describe the equipment you have besides the 2 receivers. From your answer you have 2 dishes probably one for 61.5 and a dish 500 for 110/119. What type of weather have you had recently? Do you have signal strengths from both dishes?

If signal is back, either the lnb is going bad and need to be replaced or you have a bad connector, cable or ground block somewhere between the lnb and the switch/receiver. Have the technician check all connectors when he comes.

No weather to speak of.Central PA, mostly sunny. Yes two dishes 61.5 signal strength goes from 48 to 70. The other 110/119. Satellite 110- signal strengh is 55 and satellite 119 signal strength 71. I don't understand how everything could just drop off for quite awhile then just come back. The past few days it would stop over and over.

Thanks, I hope it's an easy fix for the tech.

Last edited:
Most likely LNB. Have you tried a Check Switch?

Yes do that. After running check switch if it shows the switch configuration but no satellites (three columns with X's in them and the switch name on top. EGG. 1K.2,1K.4,DPPtwin,DP34,Ect.). This means the dish is out of alignment some how, possibly through snow which has now melted,strong wind, or a really fat bird (don't ask). If it doesn't show the switch config. (A single Column with an X in it). That means that the receivers are for some reason not talking the switch for some reason(cut cable,water in the cable shorting out, or a blown switch).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)