No signal today

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
This morning before going to work our Dish Network system worked fine (Dish: 1000.2, Receiver: VIP722K). It was a clear day, no snow, no rain and no wind. When I arrived home and turned on the TV it just displayed the loss of signal dialog.

So far I:
1) Reset the receiver
2) Unplugged the receiver for 10 minutes and then plugged it back in.
3) Verified cabling
4) Performed a check switch and it found no satellites.
5) Looked at dish to see if it was still there and aimed in the correct direction. :)

Still NO signal. I've had satellite for years and never had this happen. I thought this would be an easy fix.

In MENU - 6 - 1 - 3 does it still have "DPP 1k.2 w/separator" listed under "Device?"

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Either a bad LNB or the dish is out of alignment. There is also a (lesser) chance that it is a receiver/cabling issue.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Try un-hooking the coax from back back taken off the separator. Then run a check switch. This will take awhile, but it will clear the switch matrix. Then screw the separator back on both inputs like it was and do a switch test again.

Try un-hooking the coax from back back taken off the separator. Then run a check switch. This will take awhile, but it will clear the switch matrix. Then screw the separator back on both inputs like it was and do a switch test again.
careful you may lose OTA.

Been having the worst luck lately...

In just the last 6 weeks:
1) Was rear ended causing my 2004 ION to be totaled.
2) Blu-ray player died and no longer powers on.
3) Received a Roku 2 for Christmas and while it was adding channels I heard a "pop" resulting in a thick horizontal line to appear on my 6 month old 50" 1080P LED TV.
4) Upgraded the memory in my laptop and no longer receive audio and streaming is in slow motion.
5) Dish Network VIP722K receiver stopped working resulting in lost signal and all DVR programming turned into "locked events" after unplugging the receiver for 10 seconds.
6) The 6 month old 50" 1080P LED TV started shutting down automatically this morning after being on a few minutes.