No signal

Its back now. We have a hopper.We had lost a bunch of stations,so we did a reset and it just sat at aquiring signal. He hung up phone after being on hold,and did another check switch and it came on

Reactions: charlesrshell
Its back now. We have a hopper.We had lost a bunch of stations,so we did a reset and it just sat at aquiring signal. He hung up phone after being on hold,and did another check switch and it came on
Perfect, that is the ideal resolution. Did he hear a message with instructions to do so while on hold by chance?

I would still have a tech come out to check it. Sounds like you have low signal. Could be a loose mount or a tree swaying back and forth.

As a tech I get customers all that time that cancel their appointment before I arrive because it came back on and then a week later we have another appointment set up. I tell ppl if even if it comes back on still get that appointment or if you already have one scheduled do not cancel it. You still have issues that need fixed, otherwise it wouldn't have gone off in the first place.

You're not the only one. Sometime between 7am and noon Pacific Daylight Time my hopper box went into "Acquiring Signal". Before I did a reset, I looked at System Status under Diagnostics. It showed a checkmark on 119 and 110, a red X thru the 3rd satellite. I then reset, and it got as far as Acquiring Signal with no progress beyond that point.
Went back to Diagnostics / Status and same situation - two checkmarks and a red X.
Update:
Looked at the Diagnostics / Dish screen. Saw good signal on 110; good signal on 119; nothing on 121. Went back to Guide and everything now seems to be working. !?

If your receiver is stuck on acquiring signal - check to see if you are stuck on tuner 0. Diagnostics->Dish->This is where your tuner may say 0, if it does select Tuner 1-> Select tuner 1 again-> You should hear a sound like a buzz or a tone and you should see "Satellite Locked" -> back out of these menus and you should see your acquiring signal message progress.