no signal

hammer1

Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I do not get any signal (zero strength) no matter how I adjust the az and elevation. I have a dish 300 and trying to get 110 or 119 sat. All I could see is a red bar. Any idea is appreciated.

Well a bit more info would be helpful. For example what type of LNB do you have on the dish... Does it have a DP on the front of it or not? If it has a DP, what reciever do you have, older recievers cannot talk to a DP LNB (ones with 4 digits in the model name), they need an adapter. You might have to do a switch test if your new reciever to get it to talk to the LNB if it was in the mode of talking to they other type of LNB.

what type adapter?

I have a older dish 2700 rec and now have new dish 500 w/ dual dishpro lnb.any way to make it work together, or stick with dish 300 for that reciever?

I have the twin, I still have the old reciever hooked to a dish 300, just wondered about if would work with d-pro.on my new 500. Thinking about either trying to get another older d-500 for the 2700 or another d-300 with sw21? switch to get all programing?

Yeah - you could grab an old Legacy Dish 500, OR a 300 with SW-21. Should work fine.

You must really be attached to that 2700 to be putting forth such effort. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts