Using current Directv cable for 311 system.

k2hgo

Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I bought a house and previous owner used a sony single lnb dish with two cables.
I bought 311 receiver and dish.
Can I use current mount system and cable with new dish and new receiver ?
Please help me. I need to install it myself becuz I bought 311 system from ebay.

Direct TV uses the same cable as Dish. I currently have Direct, Dish, and FTA, systems all running from Direct tv dishes and cabling. I'm even using Direct LNB's
to get Dish channels on my FTA system.
You may have to move your dish a little to the 110, 119 sats. Direct uses 101,110, & 119sats. The old owner was probably at the 101 sat.
Good luck

If you got a Dish 500 sytem just do yourself and make sure that everything is plum when you swap out the Direct dish. If the cable is RG-6 you shouldn't have any problems. I would just take a few extra minutes and make sure the connections are good, even better, take the time and replace them. Also be sure that you ground the Dish and cable. Good luck.

onealdogg said:
Direct TV uses the same cable as Dish. I currently have Direct, Dish, and FTA, systems all running from Direct tv dishes and cabling. I'm even using Direct LNB's
to get Dish channels on my FTA system.

The older style LNB's will work with any cable.
The newer DishPro LNB's need a cable recommended for up to 2150mhz

When I swapped a Legacy Twin for a DP Twin at the lake house, I had to replace the cable from the jack to the receiver (wasn't for 2150)

And.....you mention you are getting dish channels on your FTA system....I hope they're the LEGAL ones (like the audio channels)..because if they're not, we don;t condone that here :D

Thank you, guys for great advices.

Thank you guys for your great advices.

KK.

PS. I found it is RG-6 cable. Can I use current Sony Direct Dish with dual LNB(not sure, single or dual, the house was built in Aug 2000). ?
I heard that because sony direct dish does't have skew, so can't be used with 311 system. is it true ?

Do not try to mix D* dishes with E* installations. The D* and E* dish & LNBF systems are not compatible with each other. The earlier poster is doing hobbyist things that you probably don't care about at all - you just want your TV, right?

You posted earlier that you've got an E* Dish 500 & DP Twin LNBF. Jam it on the old D* mounting post - should work just fine. You've got 3 things to set - skew, elevation, and azimuth.

Your RG-6 cable will probably work. Emphasis on probably.

no signal

DishNetwork newbie questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)