No Smartcard

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
I have never had to do this before. If I buy a receiver without the smartcard will I get some resistance from E* if I call them and buy a smartcard from them? Like I said I have never had to try this before and was wondering if it would work.

The 721 is under a card swap now anyway, so you'd need a new card anyway.
Best way to find out is to call them and ask. Have the receiver's R00# handy to give them.

If you are refering to the one on ebay that the seller claims is upopened but has no smartcard (how would he know) I would be cautious on buying. I emailed the guy about it (just to see what he would say) and his response everytime was "if you are not comfortable, don't bid"

SatinKzo said:
If you are refering to the one on ebay that the seller claims is upopened but has no smartcard (how would he know) I would be cautious on buying. I emailed the guy about it (just to see what he would say) and his response everytime was "if you are not comfortable, don't bid"

that's funny

There was some new StarChoice receivers that were "unopened" but had no remote. I asked the guy and he said "I opened the box and took out the remote"

Wouldnt that be opened?? :haha

New yellow smartcard = $49 + shipping + tax (about $60 total)

Unless you find a poorly worded or listed item, there is usually a "going rate" on ebay... Always check the completed auctions to make sure you arent overbidding on an item.