No sound and low VU levels related?

doneill76

Original poster
Dec 28, 2005
I have recently purchased the T.T. unit in hopes of listening to Sirius radio. However, after installing everything as instructed I am getting zero audio. I am receiving a signal, but nothing is coming out from the speakers of my PC. I've tried to get support from the T.T. site, but, when I try to log-on, there is an "error" and it gets kicked back. To top it off, there isn't a support number that one could call, even at $x.xx a minute.

At this point, I'm ready to pack the whole kit up and return it. I don't mind spending the money for something that I want; but I'd at least like to get SOMETHING for it!

Is there ANYONE who can help me or maybe point me in the right direction to someone who could?

Thanks!

Hi,

I am not sure why you cannot open a support ticket, but since you can't I will help you via the forum.

The problem you are encountering has to do with your sound card recording properties.

First thing you need to do is to make sure you have the latest Drivers and Software for your sound card. Once those are updated and installed we can move on to adjusting the settings in TimeTrax.

Secondly make sure that the audio cable is going from the TimeTrax unit to the Line-In of the computer sound card. It is very important that you are going into the correct port or it will not work.

On the configuration menu you should have a check mark in the box for Gain Enabled. While still on this screen you should also make sure that the proper device is choosen (your sound card) in the default recording device pull down.

Once you have this done on the main screen you will see the word "Levels", click this.

This will bring up a recording levels menu. It is here that you will choose the proper line-in and allow you to se the levels properly.

Sometimes users will need to also go into the recording and audio properties of the OS to make adjustments.

This is found in the Control Panel under Sounds and Recording Devices. In here you can choose the advanced tab and it will bring up a mixer control like before but with much more control.

When setting the levels for recording make sure that you don't over saturate the recordings ... the VU meter should just be kissing the red portion.

Once you get the settings correct you will be off to the races!

I hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you have any further questions.

Derek

Please post or PM me the error that you are getting when trying to submit a ticket.

David K.
Time Trax

I seem to be getting no activity from the VU meter at all. I can listen to the timetrax unit without a problem. I can also record the audio from the unit using windows recorder. I dont understand how I can record without a problem with windows recorder and not timetrax. I feel that if I can record with recorder then my settings must be correct.. am I correct in my assumption?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near 'Neill'.

/helpdesk/logon.asp, line 101

Also, is there a way of getting a user manual for this thing? This is the first time that I've ever bought anything electronic that did not come with one. In fact, even furniture comes with one.

With all of the adjustments made to the volume and such, I still don't get a good signal all of the time and I don't know how to record. This kind of defeats the purpose of buying this in the first place. I'm probably just going to purchase the recordable unit sold by Sirius.

User manual / support documentation on TT website

There is indeed a few documents that may be helpful to you. It is posted to our website within the 'SUPPORT' subsection and is titled SOFTWARE MANUAL' on the top nav and the page title in the body is 'TimeTrax Recast Documentation'.

The main support section can be found here:

http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_support_index.asp

The main user manual is available in PDF format on our website and is linked to this page:
http://www.timetraxtech.com/tt_support_documentation.asp

The manual is 35 pages long and incorporates set-up as contained in the quick start guide but it primarily dives into the functionality with instructions and tips for using Recast. It also contains a frequently asked questions section.

Very soon we are going to be upgrading the support section of our website to make knowledgebase access easier as well as support ticket submission.

The TimeTrax Recast Documentation is attached to this message for your convenience.

David K.
Time Trax

Attachments

• TimeTrax Recast Instructions V1.4.pdf
    761.6 KB · Views: 1,138

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts