My Recordings Have No Sound

schinc

Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
OK, so I've got everything set and decided to try recording a few songs as a test.

I programmed TimeTrax to record a few songs into a folder in mp3 format, and I see an mp3 file for each song it recorded, but when I play them through Windows Media Player, there is no sound.

Anything else I play through Windows Media Player is fine, but the songs TimeTrax recorded have no volume.

I checked all volume and recording levels and they seem fine, and I've specified the right sound card / recording device.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

You will need to check a few things.

1) Is the audio cable from the XM Direct going to the proper Line-In of the sound card.

2) Do you have the latest drivers and software installed from the Sound Card maker's site?

3) Go into the Levels setting of TimeTrax and make sure all the inputs are correct. (It is the clickable on the main screen that says "Levels")

4) Go into the Control Panel, then into Sound Devices, click Advanced and check the recording properties and make sure Line-In isn't muted etc.

Derek

Derek,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here are the answers to your questions....

1. Yes. The audio cable is plugged into the Line-in (the blue no and the only one which results in me being able to hear the sound through my computer's speakers.

2. If I check under Control panel -> Sounds & Audio Devices, it says both my playback and recording device is "SOUNDMAX DIGITAL AUDIO". Do you know where I can get the latest drivers?

3. When I open TimeTrax, wait for the channels to load and then check the levels, and here's what I see...The 1st time I check the levels, they are all up except for the "recording control", which is all the way down, has the balance all the way to the left and is the only one I cannot adjust. Then I shut the window that shows the levels and open it again (all while TimeTrax is up) and the recording level is now all the way up, but I still cannot adjust. If I open TimeTrax fresh and click the record button and then check the levels while it says it's recording, the recording level is all the way down. If I then close the levels window and re-click levels, it show it all the way up (this is all while the recording is happening).

4. I checked this and all looks good.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks!!!

I'm using a Sirius Connect radio that came as part of the "TimeTrax Complete Sirius" package.

BTW...Getting back to the previous question #2 regarding the soundcard driver. I downloaded and installed the latest driver for "SOUNDMAX DIGITAL AUDIO" from the DELL website (my PC is a DELL Dimension 4600) and nothing has changed. The driver is version 5.12.1.5246

Anything else I can try?

schinc said:
I'm using a Sirius Connect radio that came as part of the "TimeTrax Complete Sirius" package.
BTW...Getting back to the previous question #2 regarding the soundcard driver. I downloaded and installed the latest driver for "SOUNDMAX DIGITAL AUDIO" from the DELL website (my PC is a DELL Dimension 4600) and nothing has changed. The driver is version 5.12.1.5246
Anything else I can try?

Just adding my 2 cents, but you have chosen the "Recording Source" inside the TT configuration options correct?

Not sure what else there is to double check - other than the windows settings that the TT person has asked...

You said you did hear the Sirius radio content right?

Thanks, but I do have the recording source set to the audiomax soundcard.

It looks like the recording actually do get made (since mp3 files are created) but it seems like they are being recoded with no sound.

I don't know what else to check at this point.

Derek...any ideas? :)

Can you open a support ticket?

Then one of the tech's can help you out via that system. It will be easier to track and forward through the system if we have to.

Derek

Let's both open a support ticket and post the result here if they can hopefully get to the bottom of this...

No sound on recorded XM WAV files - Any Answers?

I get no sound either and wondered whether this has been fixed for the two members. I have tried everything. CD sourced songs play, I hear the music in Time Trax when recording and Files look OK, but when I try to play - no sound.

Opened a ticket also.:(

I am using the trial edition of TimeTrax 1.6 and my songs record off the online broadcast but the volume is so low that it may as well be considered none.
I would like to make sure this is useable before I purchase the full version. I will be using this primarily with XM online.
Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)