No Sportsnet ONE for Bell TV??

mondoguitar

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
West
Rogers told me yesterday they were making "Sportsnet ONE" available to ALL Canadian broadcaster for at least a free preview period. Yet Bell and Starchoice have both not said anything about this channel and it is slated to air beginning tomorrow (August 14th).

It doesn't show on the Bell TV guide, just wondering if anything is in the stream that shows it's presence?

Thanks.

right now the only company carrying it is Rogers. Nobody else has it that I know of

Kinda sucks as they moved some of the Jays games to RSNET-1

right now the only company carrying it is Rogers. Nobody else has it that I know of

Kinda sucks as they moved some of the Jays games to RSNET-1

That's business. I don't see how Rogers needs 5 sports channels. All they did was hold all western TV viewers hostage by moving all their major sporting events (mainly Jays games) to Sportsnet-1 to try and milk as much money as they can out of it and try to get Bell Subscribers in Ontario to switch to Rogers.

Business 101... look how long it took them to get TSN2. Rich get richer and the poor customer has to pay a $80-100/month bill for garbage!

I don't see how Rogers needs 5 sports channels
well the original 4 RSN's are for specific areas for hockey mainly.

Sportsnet 1 I dont know how they run with that. Is it still blackout city come hockey season? Or are they allowed to be like TSN and show games nationwide

Sportsnet 1 I dont know how they run with that. Is it still blackout city come hockey season? Or are they allowed to be like TSN and show games nationwide

That's the stupid thing, ONE made an agreement with the western teams to broadcast their games, but blackouts are still in effect. lol... Canucks will be BC and Yukon... Flames/Oilers will be the Prairies.

I think they were talking about lumping all 3 teams under the same umbrella, but that fell apart.

Any way you cut it, the only person that loses with Sportsnet One right now is the paying customer as usual!!! :mad:

oh I agree...especially this week when I can watch a different baseball game on RSN but the Jays I cant see because they are on RSN-1

Looks like SportsNet ONE is going to be more critical for hockey this season:

Beginning with the upcoming 2010-11 NHL season, Rogers Sportsnet West and Rogers Sportsnet ONE will combine to televise at least 58 Calgary Flames and 58 Edmonton Oilers games every year for 10 seasons within the Oilers and Flames regional territory which includes Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.

The way that reads it sounds like blackout restrictions will still apply?

The way that reads it sounds like blackout restrictions will still apply?

correct. Currently, only TSN and CBC have national telecast rights for the NHL

the regions are as follows
Canucks in BC and Yukon
Flames and Oilers in the Prairies, NWT, and Nunavut
Sens in Eastern ON, QC, and Maritimes

I wonder if Sportsnet One will try to air Canadiens games in English?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts