NO SWITCH DETECTED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ranchbird

Original poster
May 10, 2010
texas
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but not to sat.

Heres the situtation:

I have a Dish Pro Plus aimed at 110/119. It has worked fine with an FTA box. Now I have a Dishnet 311 receiver. It will not detect the switch. I have tried all options I can think of (on the receiever settings).

Anything obvious to you come to mind?

I do have another known good setup I can try it on soon, but I wanted to ask first. Maybe theres something I've overlooked? Dishnet tech support was no help...they might as well just give us the manuals those guys flip through....

Making sure I understand you correctly, you have a DP Plus LNB Twin on the dish, and it is connected to a DP311 receiver.
You state it does not detect the switch. If there is an external switch somewhere between the dish and the receiver, remove it. The DP Plus technology has its own built in switching ability within the LNB itself, so there is no need for another in-line switch between the dish and receiver. Also, check for any splitters between the dish and receiver...remove them. Splices need to be made with high data barrels (the ones with the blue interior rather than the white.)
If all is well between the dish and the reciever, go to menu- 6 -1 -1 and run a check switch test. Results for the 119/110 should show ALL or OK. See if it will acquire signal.
Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)