No timer warning 622

bhawley

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 5, 2003
Central NC
This has happened a number of times recently, the wife is pausing a show when
a second timer fires without any warning and changes channels, losing the paused
show. Is this normal? I believe our 721 showed some type of info before the switch.

Suggestions: (1) run in single mode so that it will automatically switch to the unused tuner for recording unless you have 2 satellite recording simultaneously, or (2) in dual mode select menu-8-5 (Record Plus) enable record on TV2 assuming you are not otherwise using TV2. If you must give someone else the TV2 signal or you have simultaneous timers, you are out of luck.
-Ken

Thanks for the suggestions, am running in single mode. This happens when the 2nd tuner is called for by a timer. Do you think this is the normal action, no warning or countdown?

bhawley, I'm always in single mode. While watching something but not recording I often get a countdown and then it just switches tuners and records there. Or it was warning for the other tuner but don't think it would do that. Of course, with two timers, it just switches after a countdown.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)