No Timers Available

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
When I looked at my dvr today, under daily schedule, it says 'no timers scheduled', and under timers its says 'no timers available'. Any idea what is causing this? I realize most shows are in reruns now, but it should still show the timers I have already established...

Dish on Twitter advised to unplug the hopper. Apparently that fixed it. They "have no idea" what causes the issue...not very comforting.

If I'm out for 2 weeks on vacation this would not be very comforting.

This issue has returned. Seriously? What is going on, DIRT?

The solution of unplugging the hopper loses the picture on the joeys as well. Twice in one week. Was there a glitch in a recent firmware update?

This is not acceptable....

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me today and I fixed it with a reboot.

Is there a way to reboot it other than unplugged it from the power strip while it is turned on? That seems like it can't be good for the unit, but thats what Dish Twitter feed tells me to do. They allegedly reported the issue to an engineer. It's super frustrating.

Is there a way to reboot it other than unplugged it from the power strip while it is turned on? That seems like it can't be good for the unit, but thats what Dish Twitter feed tells me to do. They allegedly reported the issue to an engineer. It's super frustrating.

You can also use your remote control. Press Yellow - 9 - and then Reset Receiver.

I've been using this one lately. I don't have to move my lazy butt off of my recliner that way! :D

Yep, I have the case of the tired ass too! Reset Receiver is one of my favorite new soft ware additions that I use all the time for one of my Hoppers that has a sound issue when watching another Hopper recording and then watching a recording on the near Hopper. The near Hopper has a sound delay issue that takes a reset to clear up. My other favorite addition is Dish finally added resume capability to a recording that you watch while it is still recording.

Yep and people thought I was just being lazy by requesting a reboot option... As often as you have to reboot... You'd have to run a marathon!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Get 1 step lazier. On the Hopper with no banners up, press yellow+9+9. That does the reset within about 10 sec.
Oops, 502 added a button for Multi-Swap, so the last would have to be a 10, which doesn't work.
So back to the yellow+9+down+left+press. Just when I got used to being lazier.
-Ken

Get 1 step lazier. On the Hopper with no banners up, press yellow+9+9. That does the reset within about 10 sec.
Oops, 502 added a button for Multi-Swap, so the last would have to be a 10, which doesn't work.
So back to the yellow+9+down+left+press. Just when I got used to being lazier.
-Ken

Yellow + 9 + down arrow once + right arrow 3 times + select Reset Receiver + select Yes is how my Hopper gets to resetting the DVR.

You can do Yellow + 9 + down arrow once + left arrow once, and then reset receiver, yes and off you go...

I'm hoping there's a menu with images and I don't have to remember this a la a "cheat code" on nintendo..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)