No Vide on Joey

cybertrip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2005
Mojave Desert
Installer was here trying to get my new Hopper/Joey setup done. It is his first Hopper install and he works for a retailer so I don't think he goes through the standard training channels. Anyway, he got the Hopper installed, it came up with some smart card errors, did a factory reset, and then activated it! So, I'm already thinking this install is not going to go well. He goes to install the Joey, hooks it up and there is no video to my TV either through HDMI or Composite. Somehow he got video working but it won't link, go figure. After playing around with it for an hour or so it's still not linking and now there's no video again.

Anyone have any tips? The installer has left to go look at some videos and may pick up a HIC even though I've got the Hopper plugged directly in to my router so I would like to see about trying some things out first.

--- i think that the best approach is to replace the joey with a new one just to start and to read all the docs in the links posted above ---

I ended up having to hook up RCA cables to get it working. Now I've got the 1303 error to go away but no software download and no link. Any other ideas?

As for no HD video, the install wizard and HD setup screen allows you to select 480i for resolution. Don't do it as most TVs HDMI port cannot process it.

your missing software....go to your hopper.....hit menu, settings, network settings, go to tests, view counters, and page down to bottom of screen...look for a phrase CLIENT ID (it will give you numbers), you might have to push page up probably twice to see it..just keep paging up till you see it....if you don't see CLIENT ID....then hit power button hopper remote to put hopper in standby mode...let it sit for 30 minutes and then repeat above steps....CLIENT ID should show up.....BUT you might have to get a new joey because the one you got now might not work....

your missing software....go to your hopper.....hit menu, settings, network settings, go to tests, view counters, and page down to bottom of screen...look for a phrase CLIENT ID (it will give you numbers), you might have to push page up probably twice to see it..just keep paging up till you see it....if you don't see CLIENT ID....then hit power button hopper remote to put hopper in standby mode...let it sit for 30 minutes and then repeat above steps....CLIENT ID should show up.....BUT you might have to get a new joey because the one you got now might not work....

Yeah, I haven't been able to find Client ID on that page anywhere all day. I'm going to let it sit in standby overnight and see what happens. My retailer has additional Joeys on order so I may be stuck without it for at least 4 more days, ugh. Oh well, growing pains eh?

I second this. I've had two installs now where I've had to sit and twiddle my thumbs for 20 minutes with the Hopper and standby mode. Without the Client ID on the Hopper the Joeys will absolutely NOT link to the Hopper. Your Joey may warrant a replacement because of the video functions but I'd be dimes to dollars the software on your Joey is fine.

I've also seen "well the tech came back the next day and replaced the Joeys and they worked fine." This is most likely because the aforementioned customer had the their Hopper in standby overnight, more than enough time to update software

Update on my issues. I was out of town on Saturday and the Hopper did not have a Client ID that morning. Today is Sunday and now I have a Client ID. I did the reset procedures on the Joeys and now they both work. As far as video, I connected the composite cables and that worked. I configured the Joey for 1080i and now my HDMI works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts