No Video on Any Dish HD Channel

SSN671

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Lynchburg, VA
This evening while watching the Golden Globes, the HD video from Dish kept breaking up, so we switched to the OTA HD feed. Afterwards I now notice we have no HD video from any Dish channel on either receiver (622 and 722). I didn't see any mention of this by anyone else, but can't imagine both receivers conked out at the same time, plus we are getting the audio on the HD channels and video on all SD and OTA channels. Anybody else experiencing this?

Update: video came back on 722 on it's own but not 622; performed a reset and now back on 622 as well

Last edited:
This evening while watching the Golden Globes, the HD video from Dish kept breaking up, so we switched to the OTA HD feed. Afterwards I now notice we have no HD video from any Dish channel on either receiver (622 and 722). I didn't see any mention of this by anyone else, but can't imagine both receivers conked out at the same time, plus we are getting the audio on the HD channels and video on all SD and OTA channels. Anybody else experiencing this?

Update: video came back on 722 on it's own but not 622; performed a reset and now back on 622 as well

If it happens again run chk switch. Sounds like you may havea switch problem happening.

Might have been something on the transmitting end. I was getting pixelation on an HD channel on both my 722 and 211 yesterday. Forget which one it was. But I did not loose any HD channel.

The check switch test should fix it, if not perform a hard reset. Unplug the receiver for about 10 seconds then plug it back in, it will turn on by itself.

Let us know if this is a recurring problem.

I woke up this morning with no HD channels. Tried soft reboot to no avail. At work now so will try unplugging when I get home. 722 works fine this is the 622. Screen message says not set up for HD.

I woke up this morning with no HD channels. Tried soft reboot to no avail. At work now so will try unplugging when I get home. 722 works fine this is the 622. Screen message says not set up for HD.
Are you getting this snow and ice crap we are getting here today in CT? If so that could be the cause.

It was dry so I didnt think to check- that bad weather aint makin up here!! It was working when i went to bed and the 722 is fine and check switch was fine.

NOTHING except OTA is MPEG 2 on EA setups.
Well, that's not quite true. Just looking at 61.5, there are a number of internationals, PA channels, info channels, and even a few SD locals (e.g. Providence, RI), that are still mpeg-2.

Happens Here in Michigan alot with my HD 622 receiver, resetted the Reciever 2 times in the last 2 weeks, been a reaccuring problem here though, even sent in 3 boxes for the same issue when called in before? The rep said on the phone it happens due to Weak Signal, True or False, Please let me know what i can do on this matter

Last night unplugged for an hour and 39 minutes
Night before unplugged for 10 minutes
Day before that--ran check switch

our system setup is as follows

VIP 622 Receiver, feeding TV 1 with HDMI and TV2 with Rf Cable
2 311's as well
Dish 1000.2 Dish

Should i call in again and have a tech sent out? or what

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts