no video

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mixer911

Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
622 no video

I have sound only on the HD channels but no video on SD or HD channels. It is weird it will work for a few mins and then stop. Could it be my dish needs repeaking. It shows that it is locked on all sats.

Last edited:
Well just talked to dish and they are sending me a new reciever. Does that sound right, I am not complaining, but anyone have any ideas.
Tried repeaking the dish and that didn't help. Checked all connections and they look good.

I guess I forgot the obvious :D

It is a New 622 only been using it since last Sat. It has been working fine. Then last night started to get freeze ups and now video is gone. I can see the guide info at the top and I can see dish PPV comercials. I have video and audio with the PPV comercials and on the main dish channel ( i think it is 9901) where is says you are linked to sat 129. It is weird. I let it sit and cool down for a few hours and still nothing. Highest temp was 138. I can watch recorded DVR shows fine, just nothing live and the DVR will not record (only black)........
Connected with Component not HDMI.

When you "let it cool down", are you unplugging it, or just shutting it off? If just shutting it off, that's not really letting it cool down. The unit is just in "stand by" mode & the hard drive, pwr supply, etc, are still operating. Is it in a spot w/ good ventilation all around?

Unplugged it and put it near an AC vent. I hate the stanbymode with these units, i think that is there reason for so many heat issues. It was in a rack above an amp so it could have heated up, but the max temp seemed in line with everyone elses that is working fine. I took it out of the rack and let it cool down and tried and still same issue. i can see all the channel info and change channels, but no video. I hate to get a refurb from dish since i just bought this unit New and used it for less than week. I hope this is not the begining of an ongoing issue with these units....

Have done the hold power button 10 secs deal, ran checkswithch many times, tried different feed from dish (all rg-6 quad with compression ends) only thing between the dish and the reciever is the ground block.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)