No Wimbledon HD - El Cheapos!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
NBC apparently say they could not afford the expense of setting up all the necessary equipment to show Wimbledon in HD.

BUT.... As the BBC is already showing Wimbledon in HD, surely all that would be required would be to convert the British PAL HD signal into American NTSC HD!

That doesn't sound too expensive a proposition to me!

Am I right?

Don't you have UniversalHD or even ESPN2? They are showing Wimbledon in HD there.

It looks OK on a 19 inch screen but I would not dare show it on my 65 inch. What a damn shame. I can understand this 4 years ago but no HD in 2007. Just flat out pathetic.

It looks OK on a 19 inch screen but I would not dare show it on my 65 inch. What a damn shame. I can understand this 4 years ago but no HD in 2007. Just flat out pathetic.

It looks good on my 65", but not anywhere near as nice as if it was hd.

BTW, which 65" do you have? I just bought the Mits 65732. Nice set.

BTW, which 65" do you have? I just bought the Mits 65732. Nice set.

Mitsubishi WS65819 Its 5+ years old and only component but it still pretty good. I had it serviced twice and extended the warranty for another 2 years. I hope nothing else goes but after the 2 years up, if anything goes, its gone. Its just so big. I want to downsize to a 55 or 60 DLP. If it lasts another 10 years bonus. Its been a really good TV so far. A little dark on the side angles as typical with a projection but hey, I had HD when no one knew what it meant.

Mitsubishi WS65819 Its 5+ years old and only component but it still pretty good. I had it serviced twice and extended the warranty for another 2 years. I hope nothing else goes but after the 2 years up, if anything goes, its gone. Its just so big. I want to downsize to a 55 or 60 DLP. If it lasts another 10 years bonus. Its been a really good TV so far. A little dark on the side angles as typical with a projection but hey, I had HD when no one knew what it meant.

If you're interested, my old Mits 55511 is available. $500 to your door!

No thanks. Next set is going to be newer with plenty of HDMI inputs and much smaller footprint. I have a few years to play with my current one since its under warranty.

I don't blame you. That's why I went with the 65732. It's wider than the 55511, but it sits closer to the wall, taking up less overall room. I think it's almost 10" shallower.

You know the funny thing I have no idea what to do with the 65 inch projection if it dies other than tear it apart and throw it away. Its so big and heavy and clumsy and no one is gonna want this even for free with only one HD component input.

You know the funny thing I have no idea what to do with the 65 inch projection if it dies other than tear it apart and throw it away. Its so big and heavy and clumsy and no one is gonna want this even for free with only one HD component input.

Local mom-and-pop electronics store might be willing to take it off your hands for free so they can scavange for parts. There must be others like you out there that own this brand/model of TV and they can save money on their end and reuse your old parts and charge the other clients s little less because of it. Could - and I stress "could" - be a nice win-win-win situation.

But I wouldn't start holding your breath anytime soon... ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)