Noisy Hard drive?

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
Vacuum sound............?

My 622 is getting a download now, I think. The green light is on in front and there is a noticable noise coming from the unit. Is this normal? I haven't gotten to look over the posts, I'm getting ready for work.

Lyle

Just out of work. Came home at 9:00am, and TV1 light was still on. I did a soft reset from the front and the noise sounded like a vacuum cleaner when it started the reboot. Anybody heard this with their 622? Is it normal for it to sound like this?
I called Dish and talked to a tech rep. She said that she wanted me to run it like this for a while and see if there is any trouble with the reception or any other malfunctions that may occur, and call them back. I''m curious as to what it might be.

Thanks again:

Lyle

Last edited:
The fan is controlled by the CPU. When it boots the fan will go to fulll speed and then come down to operating speed.

gdarwin said:
The fan is controlled by the CPU. When it boots the fan will go to fulll speed and then come down to operating speed.

Thanks for the response. I browsed the other posts on this subject and now I'm not so worried. Others have had the same experience. The only thing that I can't quite understand is that the download started around 3:00am and didn'nt stop until my wife did a soft reset at 9:00am. I thought this was an unusually long time to get an update. Am I correct or does it take that long for a new 622 to get all of the info it needs?
Thanks again:

Lyle

It shouldn't take that long. Your receiver just had some sort of glitch. Mine did when it downloaded the first update. I haven't noticed the problem since. I think it takes about 10 minutes to complete the early morning guide update but I haven't exactly timed it. I wouldn't worry about it unless it keeps doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)