Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
award_med.png

Nominations are now being accepted for the Best of 2011 Award! We are looking for submissions for the best in Satellite / Cable / Home Theater Technology for 2011!

Please submit your nominations below and on December 31st we will pick the top 5 nominations and then we will allow our members to vote for the Best of 2011! The winner will be announced on January 9th at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

To encourage nominations we will randomly pick 5 members who submit nominations and they will each win a $25 Amazon.COM Gift Certificate! The person who submits the winning Best of 2011 Award Winner will win $100 Amazon.COM Gift Card! (And the company that wins for Best of 2011 Award will the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Trophy and will be presented the Trophy at CES!

You may submit as many nominations that you want but only one per reply to this thread. Also note that if more the one person submits the same nomination only the nomination of the person who posted it first will be counted. Deadline for Nominations is 11:59PM on December 30th, 2011. Our staff will select the top 5 finalists then open up voting on December 31st to decide who wins the SatelliteGuys Best of 2011 Trophy!.

This is your chance to help tell a company well done by making their product the Best of 2011!

$25 Amazon.COM Gift Card Winners will be announced on 12/31/11 - Grand Prize $100 Winner will be announced on January 9th!

Good Luck!

Last edited:
DirecTV for the HR34-700 Home Media Center receiver, for providing five satellite tuners in one box, plus its ability to stream to RVU enabled televisions, and eventually their own RVU settop.

Last edited:
I nominate... ROKU... for their innovations in changing the Television landscape as many are now dumping satellite for a VOIP (Video Over IP) experience. You know you have changed the landscape when XBOX follows what your doing.

I am going to nominate the Sling adapter. The system has become more reliable and is very useful when away from the house to be able to watch t.v. that we already paid for instead of having to pay for streaming or rely on some hotels cheap package of channels. I think this is by far the best thing people can do with their Satellite t.v. service.

One more to nominate, this is from the FTA side, Manhattan RS-1933 for providing North American based support.

I'm not sure if this can be nominated for an award or not but I would nominate the HBOGO and MAXGO apps. I love being able to watch all kinds of HBO shows on my iPad.

I think we should have fun with a "Worst of 2011" as well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)