Non HD customer 510 User

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cherk543

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
I have been a Dish customer for over 5 years and love the service. I have a HD TV and have been waiting for the HD DVR lease to finally come. Does anyone know if the rebate in March/April will be for non HD customers?

What should I do?

BTW..

I live in Atlanta, GA; have two dishes, 501, 510, 301 receivers

From what I have read in other threads (do a search to find them all) the answer is no. You can lease the ViP 622 for $299 down and $6/month for an 18 month commitment. You also pay the $5.98 DVR fee just like you do now with the 510. The bonus is that it is a two-tuner unit so if you have another standalone receiver you can eliminate that and save yourself that mirroring fee. Of course you could also use the 622 in single mode which would allow you to use the PIP feature on your TV if you have that. They will also schedule you for a Dish 1000 upgrade for no additional charge so that you can pick up the additional HD channels.

Sign up for the $299.99 deal for a ViP622 now. Drop the 301. Keep using the 501 since it doesn't have a DVR fee. If you want the extra DVR service, keep the 510 also, although it has a DVR fee.

Or you can drop to a ViP622 and a 501, eliminating both the 510 & 301. You'll still be servicing 3 TVs and all will have DVR service available to them (2 from the ViP622).

You can send in the 301 for $25. The 510 will have some resale value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)