Non-penetrating roof mount for toroidal T90

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lailanis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
MA
I live in an apartment where my balcony does not face south, no way to install n the ground
only way is roof and drilling is not permitted
is there any non penetrating system that you advise?

Thanks

a cheap way to make your own is to fill a bucket with concrete with a pole standing up straight....or you could use a wooden skid/pallet with some concrete blocks to hold it down....

it's not a flat roof, but pitched.
there is one online PRM-2 but says up to 24'' sat dish
wooden skid, but it's pitched roof

We used to stock the VMP-PRM2, but now it is a special order item. The PRM2 will work fine with a 90cm.

PRM2 and VMP-PRM2 look the same online, are they different?
anyway, how would mount like that be immobilized without being screwed to the the roof!!!

The VMP-PRM2 is slung over the roof peak with neoprene pads underneath and weighted with blocks.

I would guess that they are the same, but don't know what products you are comparing.

Last edited:
I guess putting blocks on top of roof would be more risky than drilling thru the roof
what if is too windy and the concrete blocks fall off

I guess putting blocks on top of roof would be more risky than drilling thru the roof
what if is too windy and the concrete blocks fall off

Baird Mounts - Baird B6-18 Ridge Mount / Peak Roof Non-Penetrating Mount

This is if your dish mounts with a j-pipe (similar to a direct tv dish)

http://www.bairdmounts.com/index.cfm?f=cProducts.browseSatellite&st=byMountTypes&mtid=ridge___peak_roof_mounts_4&fid=ss_ridgemount_24

You would pick one of these if you want to use a mast instead of a j-pipe.

However, after looking at the dish it is possible it is less forgiving to movement, in which case this mount would provide you with some additional stiffness

http://www.bairdmounts.com/index.cfm?f=cProducts.browseSatellite&st=byMountTypes&mtid=ridge___peak_roof_mounts_4&fid=small_universal_ridgemount_25

I assure you, the concrete blocks will not fall off of your roof because of the wind. They sit inside of an angle iron frame. Many people use cap blocks instead of cinder blocks to keep the profile down low also.

If you have any questions we are here to help, Baird is the industry leader in non-pen roof mounts.

Last edited:
I almost took a picture of one of these yesterday for this thread. There is a smoke shop in a neighboring town that has a Hughes data dish on the peak of the roof with what appears to be a Baird universal peak mount. There are 4 solid low profile concrete blocks on each side of the peak holding it in place. Its been there for a few years through intense thunderstorms with no issues that I am aware of.

I almost took a picture of one of these yesterday for this thread. There is a smoke shop in a neighboring town that has a Hughes data dish on the peak of the roof with what appears to be a Baird universal peak mount. There are 4 solid low profile concrete blocks on each side of the peak holding it in place. Its been there for a few years through intense thunderstorms with no issues that I am aware of.

Our mounts are everywhere, the next time you are in a hotel look for the lodgenet dish. There is a 99% chance it is on a Baird Ridgemount.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)