None of my timers work any more

psedwar

Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Hawaii
I am having a problem on my 625 with ALL my timers. It is like when the year rolled over all my timers stopped working. Called tech support and did all the usual, removed smart card, rebooted rcvr, downloaded new software and program guide, but my timers STILL didn't work. They had me create a new timer for a program broadcasting tomorrow. I created this timer using "All Episodes" , but it only set up to time the one for tomorrow. To keep from losing shows, I had to go create a timer for each instance of the show until they can resolve the problem. BTW, all these timers were set up for "All Episodes" and they all still only picked up one event each.

:mad::mad::mad:
I am having a problem on my 625 with ALL my timers. It is like when the year rolled over all my timers stopped working. Called tech support and did all the usual, removed smart card, rebooted rcvr, downloaded new software and program guide, but my timers STILL didn't work. They had me create a new timer for a program broadcasting tomorrow. I created this timer using "All Episodes" , but it only set up to time the one for tomorrow. To keep from losing shows, I had to go create a timer for each instance of the show until they can resolve the problem. BTW, all these timers were set up for "All Episodes" and they all still only picked up one event each.
All of the new timers I just created a few hours ago now don't work. They are still there in the timer list, but there are no events under them anymore. When I first created the new timers, there were episodes being recorded -- see my original post.

Hey -- THanks for the reply. I tried that and left it off for about 20 minutes. It did not fix anything and now that I think about it, the new timers may have stoppped working after I did the power cord pull. I just deleted all the new timers and recreated them. They still don't work in that an "all episode" timer only gets one episode. However, it at least looks like it might actually record something if I don't mess with it further. I just got off the phone w/ tech support again and they have issued a report to the engineers. Who knows how long this will take to resolve. Since it seems like a software problem - shouldn't more people be experiencing this???

Since it seems like a software problem - shouldn't more people be experiencing this???

If it is only "since January 1st", then lots of people have spent today:

- Partying
- Out of Town
- Watching College Football Live
- In other words, not watching programs recorded on their 625.

For example, I have a 522, which uses the same software as the 625, and I have yet to press the DVR button on the 522 since it became 2009.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)