Noob install: Dish 1000.4 Eastern Arc and a Super Satbuddy

bnaivar

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Atlanta, GA
I just finished setting up my first Dish 1000.4 on the Eastern Arc with a Super Satbuddy meter and I'm concerned about the low numbers. With everything peaked I'm getting a signal strength on the 77 satellite at 78, the 72 at 65 and the 61.5 at 56. This is on the top of a building where there are no obstructions. I'm just concerned that the numbers are so low straight off the dish. 20140507_100554.jpg

Unless you are looking for Spanish programming 77 isn't that important so try adjusting the dish to maximize 61.5 and 72.7

Those numbers look good and are on the high side of the normal limits depending on which transponders you are reading (or if these are aggregate readings.)

When I had my earc install, I was told that the levels would be lower, but would be just fine.
Mine are 61.5=52, 72=56 and 77=45. No problems with reception.

I just finished setting up my first Dish 1000.4 on the Eastern Arc with a Super Satbuddy meter and I'm concerned about the low numbers. With everything peaked I'm getting a signal strength on the 77 satellite at 78, the 72 at 65 and the 61.5 at 56. This is on the top of a building where there are no obstructions. I'm just concerned that the numbers are so low straight off the dish. View attachment 97290

I'm in Los Angeles and get at best 35 to 40 on 72. Never had a single problem. 118 is the weakest at about 28 to 30. No matter what I do with my AI Turbo, still can't peak it. You should be perfect. nothing to worry.

Question. How did you get permission to put the dish on your roof. Most apartments don't allow that. Seems you are the only one up there with the pictures. How did you climb up there. :)

It looks like that mast has been there a while, looks rusty... What are the blue tags for? And yes, I can also confirm those signal levels will be fine.. That's actually higher than I normally see

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I just finished setting up my first Dish 1000.4 on the Eastern Arc with a Super Satbuddy meter and I'm concerned about the low numbers. With everything peaked I'm getting a signal strength on the 77 satellite at 78, the 72 at 65 and the 61.5 at 56. This is on the top of a building where there are no obstructions. I'm just concerned that the numbers are so low straight off the dish. View attachment 97290

Minimums are 40% for those sats. You have yours right around where mine are on a regular basis. 77W at around 75-80%, 72W at around 56-62%, and 61.5W at around 37-42%. You'll never be at 100% on Dish's NEW scale. If you want to go into your main menu settings on the Super Sat Buddy, select Options, and under IRD Calc, change from NEW to OLD. Under old calculations, your readings will come up on the 100% scale. So it may make you feel more comfortable seeing your current readings on the old 100% scale. Otherwise, leave it on the NEW scale and your readings will remain as they are.

It looks like that mast has been there a while, looks rusty... What are the blue tags for? And yes, I can also confirm those signal levels will be fine.. That's actually higher than I normally see

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The blue tags identify each satellite for when I connect the DP34 switch later.

The blue tags identify each satellite for when I connect the DP34 switch later.
You will probably regret using a DP switch (unless your plan is to use four single-tuner boxes). They're good switches, but they're inferior for use with multi-tuner receivers/DVRs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts