Noob! Is this a good deal?

pudge29

Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I've been looking for a setup for tailgating...and I checked the local classifieds.

Here is what I found....Two 322's with Dual LNB Dish. I called the guy and he said he would take $30. I'm waiting for him to email me the R/S #'s to check balance. If the receivers are $0 balance...Is it a good deal?

I've been scouring the site for over an hour and decided to join....Tons of Good info.

Thanks for any help!

Why not just call DishStore and get NEW equipment for free?

I already have DISH service in my home and just want to add a receiver to my account. Shouldn't that be $5/mo extra? Will they know if I'm using a seperate physical Satellite Dish to receive the signal?

Oh then go for that deal. No they can not tell if your using a seperate satellite dish. Just make sure they are plugged into the same phoneline.

now thats some serious tailgaiting, hooking up the sat for the pregame... do you bring couches too? :)

No couches...
I hadn't planned on getting a dual tuner...but now the thought of it really gets me excited...Two games at once!...but i have to bring another TV.

I have to decide whethere I want to do battery power or...Rent generator.

So....I got the S and R #'s....and called DISH Network...and the fun begins...

First Call - Customer Care Rep says that she cannot tell me if there is a balance because I'm not on the account. I pleaded for few minutes, but she wouldn't budge.

Second Call - I give the rep the S# and R#...He says it doesn't matter if there is a balance on the account. I would not be responsible for the charges if I activated the receiver. WOW, if this is true then I'm going for it, but it sounded too good to be true.

Third Call - Technical Serv Rep says that there is a $44 balance and it is a leased receiver. They will not activate it under any circumstances, since DISH actually owns the unit.

Finally the answer I was looking for (although discourages to hear it).

Just to verify

Fourth Call - Advanced Tech Rep says the same thing the previous lady said.

And an hour wasted out of my life...I'm glad I didn't go with the second guys OPINION!!!

Welcome to the world of CSR fun. Any CSR that tells you they cant check the status of SO/RO numbers just hang up on them. This deal seemed WAY too low for me so im not surpised it is leased equipment. Check ebay for some good deals on 322. I have bought many receivers and never had a problem. Just check the numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts