Noob Mtr Dish combo setup question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kyzursozay

Original poster
May 12, 2004
wash.D.C.
Hi everybody just got a Geosatpro 90cm dish, Stab HH 90 mtr, QPH-031 Invacom my Lat.38.3 N my Long 77.3 my question is what to set the DISH ELEVATION at , I know the mtr elevation should be same as my Lat. but the Stab instructions seem to indicate they would be different depending if you use USALs or DiSEqC ??? Also in my Antenna setup menu on my Viewsat Platinum what type LNB?? I've installed a 22kHz switch on the lnb so just one coax from receiver.:cool: :confused:

Welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

IT does not matter if you use USALS or 1.2 the motor will be tthe same as your lat. (38 deg.)

The QPH-031 is a Standard LNBF on the Linear side with the L.O. of 10750

The circular side L.O. is 11250.

I would remove the switch for now and just work on the linear side of the LNBF for setup.

The dish elevation should be 38 deg.

Our GOLD sponsor Sadoun has a great set up page here....

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/STAB-Installation-Angles.htm

Thanks Pete , will try that ,have been to that page along with many others over past couple weeks,months, sometimes it takes asking a dumb question to point out something right in front of your face.One thing that puzzled me was STAB DiSEqC1.2 calculation would be 31.6 but I never got a response from STAB and never could find a website for GEOSAT(Azure Shine). AdventistSat where I got it doesn't have any info ,the one shown being installed on your link /info page is 1.2m,and mislabelled:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nexus 2.1 / Prog-DVB / Audigy 4 / AC-3

SG 2100 Blues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)