North American Channel List as of December 31

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
Folks -- I completed restoring my Premium + the other day and thought I would post a current list of North American channels I scanned in case anyone needs a back-up copy or a head start. I can't upload .dat files, so, if anyone would like me to send tham an email with the files to post as a stickie, please let me know.

Happy New Year!

Files Uploaded as a ZIP file per Iceberg's Suggestion

Folks -- I completed restoring my Premium + the other day and thought I would post a current list of North American channels I scanned in case anyone needs a back-up copy or a head start. I can't upload .dat files, so, if anyone would like me to send tham an email with the files to post as a stickie, please let me know.

Happy New Year!

Done -- uploaded as an attachment.

Attachments

• Channel List -- Dec 31 2011.zip
    86.7 KB · Views: 417
Yes -- I'm very lucky in that I live in a rural area in northern VA. I have clear line-of-sight throughout the arc and there's virtually no other RF out there either (even cell towers).

Done -- uploaded as an attachment.

Once one downloads these files and unzips them how does one get them into the AZBox?

I have done firmware upgrades but never figured out anything with the channel lists, the fact I never got a useres manual with the device has not helped in that respect.

Once one downloads these files and unzips them how does one get them into the AZBox?

I have done firmware upgrades but never figured out anything with the channel lists, the fact I never got a useres manual with the device has not helped in that respect.

Adm,

You need to read the A-Z guide in the stickies at the top of the page. What you are looking for here is the section about how to transfer files using the ACC 1.1 utility. (ACC would be AZBox Control Center). Download the guide and print it out and study it for a few days. It is long, but it contains a LOT of info that you will desire. Stargaze compiled the whole thing and consulted with me and others during his project. Stargaze did an exceptional job with this and I cannot recommend any other source of information. A great deal of the information is a reflection of what we posted right here on this site. Much of it is my own work, so I can assist you with the items that I am familiar with.

Basically, the guide is a condensed and refined version of this AZBox forum discussion. The guide is a MUST HAVE item. You also need to peruse the FAQ section in the FTA area as well. There are posts there regarding switches, motors and dishes that will guide you.

Don't ignore these items. They are good reference sources. Many of us, including myself if I may be so bold to say so, put a lot of work into these documents to assist others. We took the time to compile and write them for you. Please take advantage of them.

RADAR

Thanks for the link.

Downloaded the files and from my brief perusal of them it appears that in order to do this one will need to have the AzBox connected to a Windows PC on a network. Correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case then I will not be able to do the chgane since I have a Mac running OS 9.2.2 and an older Apple II GS No fancy network between the two files are transfered between them using a zip disc. Interent is only on the Mac adn comes via a wire that is attached to an aerial on my TV tower. Firmware updates I have done have been via the USB drive. Never made any attaepmt to hook the AzBox to the internet since I saw no real need for it.

Adm,

You need to read the A-Z guide in the stickies at the top of the page. What you are looking for here is the section about how to transfer files using the ACC 1.1 utility. (ACC would be AZBox Control Center). Download the guide and print it out and study it for a few days. It is long, but it contains a LOT of info that you will desire. Stargaze compiled the whole thing and consulted with me and others during his project. Stargaze did an exceptional job with this and I cannot recommend any other source of information. A great deal of the information is a reflection of what we posted right here on this site. Much of it is my own work, so I can assist you with the items that I am familiar with.

Basically, the guide is a condensed and refined version of this AZBox forum discussion. The guide is a MUST HAVE item. You also need to peruse the FAQ section in the FTA area as well. There are posts there regarding switches, motors and dishes that will guide you.

Don't ignore these items. They are good reference sources. Many of us, including myself if I may be so bold to say so, put a lot of work into these documents to assist others. We took the time to compile and write them for you. Please take advantage of them.

RADAR

Can I load this into the elite?

I did a factory rest on mine (since I sold it) and so now it has the 300 oddball satellites in it. If I can load this and just remove the channels that would help immensely

Can I load this into the elite?

I did a factory rest on mine (since I sold it) and so now it has the 300 oddball satellites in it. If I can load this and just remove the channels that would help immensely

yes and no.

Yes if the internet access works on it and no it it does not.
If you try putting in any list that is not in the back up directory then you could be creating a whole new mess of problems down the road.
so for that you would need the ACC program and that requires internet access to the azbox.
But if this is the one with the bad port on it and you can not connect to the internet then I would not do it.

Thanks for the link.

Downloaded the files and from my brief perusal of them it appears that in order to do this one will need to have the AzBox connected to a Windows PC on a network. Correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case then I will not be able to do the chgane since I have a Mac running OS 9.2.2 and an older Apple II GS No fancy network between the two files are transfered between them using a zip disc. Interent is only on the Mac adn comes via a wire that is attached to an aerial on my TV tower. Firmware updates I have done have been via the USB drive. Never made any attaepmt to hook the AzBox to the internet since I saw no real need for it.

A Windows OS is not a prerequisite as far as I know. You should be able to do the same with a Mac. I cannot say for certain, but I believe that the support programs (ACC 1.1, MazEdit 3.2, AZEdit, etc) should work with the Mac's OS. You can test this simply by downloading those support programs (they will be in zip or rar files). Unzip them and try to install them. If they install and you can launch them, they are most likely fully compatible.

Then, you must have some way for the AZBox to access the internet. Your PC obviously can, so there must be a modem. You need to determine if your modem will support more devices than just your one PC. If it has only one physical port for a PC, then you would have to buy a router to expand the number of connections. Then you can connect both your PC and your AZBox to this router and Voila!

If you have an AZBox Premium or a Premium Plus, and you buy a wireless router, then you can connect to the router without running any cables.
If your Mac or Apple has WiFi, then you could go wireless all the way. That's what I do. Otherwise, you will have to hardwire both the AZBox and your computer to the router.

PLEASE NOTE: When it comes to upgrading your firmware, continue to use ONLY the USB stick. That is the preferred and recommended method. Don't upgrade firmware using any other option (even though they made several other options available to us). It can create rather messy problems. The USB upgrade is the most safe and nearly foolproof method for this.

RADAR

No luck yet on finding those programmes for a MAc- a google search gave me another thread here that did not reveal anything- any ideas where to look? I tend to find very little that will work on my computer since most things these days are designed for Mac useres who have succumbed to OS X.

If I have a modem then it is 30 feet up in the air on a TV tower and not very easily accessable- so before going any further onthat want to make sure I can get a programme. Internet comes in from a aerial that is on my TV tower- I know there are some electronics up there - a wire comes down into the house and then plugs into an AC adaptor that sends power up the wire and the interent sgnal comes down and plugs into the back of the TV. So no idea how or where any of these other devices would come into the system.

A Windows OS is not a prerequisite as far as I know. You should be able to do the same with a Mac. I cannot say for certain, but I believe that the support programs (ACC 1.1, MazEdit 3.2, AZEdit, etc) should work with the Mac's OS. You can test this simply by downloading those support programs (they will be in zip or rar files). Unzip them and try to install them. If they install and you can launch them, they are most likely fully compatible.

Then, you must have some way for the AZBox to access the internet. Your PC obviously can, so there must be a modem. You need to determine if your modem will support more devices than just your one PC. If it has only one physical port for a PC, then you would have to buy a router to expand the number of connections. Then you can connect both your PC and your AZBox to this router and Voila!

If you have an AZBox Premium or a Premium Plus, and you buy a wireless router, then you can connect to the router without running any cables.
If your Mac or Apple has WiFi, then you could go wireless all the way. That's what I do. Otherwise, you will have to hardwire both the AZBox and your computer to the router.

PLEASE NOTE: When it comes to upgrading your firmware, continue to use ONLY the USB stick. That is the preferred and recommended method. Don't upgrade firmware using any other option (even though they made several other options available to us). It can create rather messy problems. The USB upgrade is the most safe and nearly foolproof method for this.

RADAR

No luck yet on finding those programmes for a MAc- a google search gave me another thread here that did not reveal anything- any ideas where to look? I tend to find very little that will work on my computer since most things these days are designed for Mac useres who have succumbed to OS X.

If I have a modem then it is 30 feet up in the air on a TV tower and not very easily accessable- so before going any further onthat want to make sure I can get a programme. Internet comes in from a aerial that is on my TV tower- I know there are some electronics up there - a wire comes down into the house and then plugs into an AC adaptor that sends power up the wire and the interent sgnal comes down and plugs into the back of the TV. So no idea how or where any of these other devices would come into the system.

Adm,

What type of a cable is plugged into your TV and how do you get the internet access from the TV to your PC? What is your PC plugged into? What company and IP provider do you have your internet access through and how is your PC connected to it?

As for the programs you need, they don't specify MAC or Windows compatible versions. There is only one version available, period. They work on Windows OS's and Linux OS's, don't see why they wouldn't operate on a Mac, too. You will just have to download them, unzip them and test them on your Mac. You'll know if they are not compatible as they won't launch or won't they will give you just garbage if they do launch.

Seems we might get in depth with this specific discussion, so if your question is not resolved in a couple more exchanges, we might ask that this portion of the original thread be stripped off and started as a new thread on its own. We are straying from the original discussion (topic) and getting off on a tangent. So, if you think this is going to require more support for your venture and you really want to pursue it, you might start a new thread with all of this information up front.

We don't want to "hijack" the original purpose of the thread.

RADAR

This may wind up requiring a new thread but I think it may just be something I can's accomplish here.

The only cables that are plugged into my TV come from assorted sat receivers, betamaxes, a laser disc and a DVD player. There is no internet on my TV. The internet is wireless- there is an aerial on my TV tower that points to an internet trnasmitter on the town water tower. The signal comes down a wire into the house, through an AC adaptor that powerss the aerial for transmitting and then the wire contines onward and plugs into the back of my computer. The plus looks a bit like a landline phone jack but is slightly bigger. The compnay that provides the service is currently called NBS interent. They did all the installation and gave me a long enough cable so that I can take the computer almost anywhere in the house. So it has nothing to do with the TV other than the fact that the aerials that pick up the OTA TV signals and the one for the internet signal are on the same TV tower.

Not found the programmes as of yet but suspect they wont work on my computer sicne little does.

Thanks for the help.

Adm,

What type of a cable is plugged into your TV and how do you get the internet access from the TV to your PC? What is your PC plugged into? What company and IP provider do you have your internet access through and how is your PC connected to it?

As for the programs you need, they don't specify MAC or Windows compatible versions. There is only one version available, period. They work on Windows OS's and Linux OS's, don't see why they wouldn't operate on a Mac, too. You will just have to download them, unzip them and test them on your Mac. You'll know if they are not compatible as they won't launch or won't they will give you just garbage if they do launch.

Seems we might get in depth with this specific discussion, so if your question is not resolved in a couple more exchanges, we might ask that this portion of the original thread be stripped off and started as a new thread on its own. We are straying from the original discussion (topic) and getting off on a tangent. So, if you think this is going to require more support for your venture and you really want to pursue it, you might start a new thread with all of this information up front.

We don't want to "hijack" the original purpose of the thread.

RADAR

There is an aerial on my TV tower that points to an internet transmitter on the town water tower. The signal comes down a wire into the house, through an AC adaptor that powerss the aerial for transmitting and then the wire contines onward and plugs into the back of my computer. The plus looks a bit like a landline phone jack but is slightly bigger. The compnay that provides the service is currently called NBS interent. They did all the installation and gave me a long enough cable so that I can take the computer almost anywhere in the house. So it has nothing to do with the TV other than the fact that the aerials that pick up the OTA TV signals and the one for the internet signal are on the same TV tower.

Thanks for the help.

Adm,

That would be an Ethernet jack. You can plug that directly into a router and connect both your PC and AZBox to the router. You're good to go there. The rest of the information you should find in here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/azbox-discussion/235827-here-new-revised-edition-az-users.html

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)