Northern Indiana Regional Sports Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trevorjd

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2010
Goshen, IN
I live in Goshen, IN, about 30 miles straight east of South Bend. Prior to the Fox contract negotiations my regional sports networks were Comcast SportsNet out of Chicago and Fox Sports Midwest. Because of my closeness to Chicago I was able to get both. I am also a subscriber to the Multi-Sport pack, and understand the way that blackout rules work, I believe.

When the Indiana Pacers play those of us that live in Indiana get an alternative channel for FSN Midwest called FSN Indiana (its only Pacer games). Tonight Indiana played away, but the game was broadcast by FSN Indiana. When the game started the Alternate channel appeared as usual, in HD. When I clicked it on it said that it was not available for viewing in my area, and the FSN Midwest, with Rams All-Access on was also blacked out.

I called Dish asking why this was blacked out, the first person directed me to League Pass, which didn't answer my question at all. The second told me there was no FSN Indiana, at which point I asked for her supervisor. The supervisor told me that this particular game was blacked out because someone else had the broadcast rights. This confuses me because in my area there is no other channel showing that game. So if I am supposed to get FSN Midwest, then shouldn't I get the alternative as well (as is with ESPN, etc)? Is there something that I don't understand about the blackout policy? I was able to see the game tonight because of League Pass, but it was not in HD and will obviously not have that option once the Free Preview runs out next week.

Also wondering if there is anyone else in Northern Indiana, or Indiana all-together and what there experience has been with the FSN Indiana alternative channel?

Thanks.

I am about to blacked out again for the Pacers game tonight. The CSR has not helped me at all.

The website says that I supposed to get FSN Midwest and Comcast Sports Network, the Bulls games on CSN are not blacked out, but the Pacers on FSN are.

Any ideas?

That is weird. I checked an address in your area and it does say you get CSN Chicago, Big10 and FSN Midwest. What is weird is on Directv it only shows you get CSN Chicago in that area.
Their (FSN Indiana) website says its only available in Central Indiana on cable so I assume that is their coverage area

I cant find a NBA "blackout"/coverage map. Baseball seems to be the only one with one readily available. Have you ever got the Pacers games before?

I am about to blacked out again for the Pacers game tonight. The CSR has not helped me at all.

The website says that I supposed to get FSN Midwest and Comcast Sports Network, the Bulls games on CSN are not blacked out, but the Pacers on FSN are.

Any ideas?

You get the sports networks but that doesn't mean you're within the team's territory. Unfortunately the NBA doesn't provide any information on what the territories are (like MLB does). It seems you're in Bulls' exclusive territory.

I know for sure I'm in Bulls' exclusive territory as I'm only 40 miles from the loop.

I agree South Bend should be also Pacers territory, and possibly Pistons, but like I mentioned the NBA doesn't make any sense and they seem unwilling to clarify.

Here is what I know, the game is on FSN Indiana (only broadcast for this game). FSN Indiana shows up in my ALT sports channel as FSN Midwest, it says it will be blacked out, FSN Midwest is showing the Blues games tonight on FSN Midwest, which is also blacked out. My point to them is, don't tell me I get Midwest then black everything out, and also, because I live in Indiana shouldn't I get my states NBA team? Very peculiar, the CSR are not helpful at all, each telling me to just watch in on NBA League Pass, not thinking in 3 days I wont get that free preview anymore. Just seems for them to tell me I get FSN MW then block it all out.

Here is what I know, the game is on FSN Indiana (only broadcast for this game). FSN Indiana shows up in my ALT sports channel as FSN Midwest, it says it will be blacked out, FSN Midwest is showing the Blues games tonight on FSN Midwest, which is also blacked out. My point to them is, don't tell me I get Midwest then black everything out, and also, because I live in Indiana shouldn't I get my states NBA team? Very peculiar, the CSR are not helpful at all, each telling me to just watch in on NBA League Pass, not thinking in 3 days I wont get that free preview anymore. Just seems for them to tell me I get FSN MW then block it all out.
FSN Midwest covers a huge area, different than team coverage. Check with FSN Midwest, but sounds like you're closer to Chicago and in exclusive Bulls territory.

I dont know why you're getting FSN Midwest....Now the dish site for RSN's and DIrectv are different but for Directv you get only CSN Chicago. If you add the sports package you get FSN Cincy for the Reds (only) and FSN Detroit for the Tigers (only...no other teams)

Pacers just shot me this on Twitter after I complained about it:

"indianapacers @trevorjd14 DM us your cable provider & where you live in Indiana and we'll if we can fix it."

Even if it doesn't change anything, thankful that they are interested in trying.

I understand why for example folks in Milwaukee get FSN North. But why folks in Chicago and Northern Indiana would get FSN MW is beyond comprehension.

Like I said in another post, pretty much any professional game of interest gets blacked out. And MLS as well.

I understand why for example folks in Milwaukee get FSN North. But why folks in Chicago and Northern Indiana would get FSN MW is beyond comprehension.
I agree....as I posted before with D* and the sports pack you get FSN CIncy and FSN Detroit for baseball only (other pro sports is blacked out)
The reason Wisconsin gets FSN North is until a year or so ago that is the RSN they got. FSN Wisco got broken off on its own but still is considered part time on both D* & E*

I was able to watch the Pacers Sat. night on Alt.445. I have FSN MW,FSN Cincy & Comcrap Chicago. Sometimes there is less than 24 hrs. notice of what Alt. channel the Pacers will be on. The free NBA ticket was blacked.

I know in South Bend I've only received the Bulls, Pacers are always blacked out. Comcast Chi and FSN Midwest are the regionals here but FSN Midwest will always black out NHL and NBA, it's pretty much worthless.

and the OP is in that neighborhood too so he's in the same boat

Do you get any baseball games on FSN Midwest or are those blacked out too?

There is a thread below this about changing your local market by getting Dish Network to change your physical address but keeping your billing address. If I did this, would it change my Sports Networks too...any thoughts?

There is a thread below this about changing your local market by getting Dish Network to change your physical address but keeping your billing address. If I did this, would it change my Sports Networks too...any thoughts?

Yes, indeed it will change what gets blacked out. For example, if you "move" to Indianapolis for sure you'll be able to watch the Pacers on the ALT channel.

On baseball, for sure you'll get the Cubs, White Sox and Reds, not sure about the Cards.

A word of caution, if you're setup with an Eastern Arc dish you would still be able to pickup the Pacers games but not the Indy locals.

Yes, indeed it will change what gets blacked out. For example, if you "move" to Indianapolis for sure you'll be able to watch the Pacers on the ALT channel.

On baseball, for sure you'll get the Cubs, White Sox and Reds, not sure about the Cards.

A word of caution, if you're setup with an Eastern Arc dish you would still be able to pickup the Pacers games but not the Indy locals.

If you move to Indianapolis, you will get FSN Midwest with the Blues in the clear, and Pacers (last year not all games were HD, so far this year they have been), some Reds, and some local colleges on an ALT, FSN Cincy &all Reds (but not all were HD) and no Jacket (Columbus OH NHL), and CSN Chicago with Cubs, White Sox, and Blackhawks in the clear. Bulls will be blacked out. The Sports Pack will not get you any extra pro games. Also the Indy locals are on a spot beam on 129, but I don't know if you will be in the signal area.

BTW, the Cards are blacked out on FSN Midwest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts