Not a rant just felt like saying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
well right now in Sacramento we are having one of the biggest storms I have heard in a long time. So naturally the signal has gotten very low. In fact so low that it can lock onto any of my Sat.s. Its like 3 am and i should be asleep but I'm on vacation so no worries about that lol. Of course there's always the saying "you can sleep when your dead" but how do we know thats true maybe when your dead its not possible to sleep... makes ya think. anyway that was me needing to do something for a bit till my signal came back. feel free to post storm stories or what you think happens when you die. and oh yea myspace is down lol

...myspace is always down...

When you die, you die. I'd love to believe I float up to a heaven and play chess with grandpa but c'mon...Even if you believe in a heaven and such, why would you believe your grandpa is going to spend time with his sniveling grandkids when he could be hooking up with his college friends or the girl who took his virginity...

Did any of ya'll see the barbra walters special on ABC last night? It was talking about, "What is Heaven, and How do we get there". They talked to people of all different religions. They talked to the buddist, Dali Lama; some muslim terrerist in jail; christians; atheists; and a few others. She was at a atheist religious camp where they were teaching little kids how there wasn't a heaven or a hell and that when you die you are just dead, nothing more, nothing less. Kind of makes you wonder out of all the religions, which is the right one. I know most of us where raised as christians but don't you think that if we were born in the middle east we would be muslim or jews, or if we were born in India we would be hindu, or if we were born in Tibet would we be Buddist. What do you guys think. Do you think that god will only let people of christianity in heaven or do you think that god will decide on who gets into heaven by not what religion you come from but by how much good you did in the world. This goes pretty deep but was just wondering.

I think that god will let you in not on what you call yourself ( IE catholic, hindu, muslim ) but rather on what you beleive in your heart. It's really to easy to say "hey Im a christian" just as it is easy to say "Im an athiest".
I have never been a fan of the church, to often the head of the church allows his or her human nature to manipulate their actions, Ive never liked a preacher that would tell me its a sin to have worldly wealth and treasures when he is wearing a rolex and driving a new cadilac.

Im not a church goer but I do believe that there is a god and I believe that in most circumstances we are left to our own design and our own direction. But Im also not willing to believe that our existance begins and ends with our birth and death, that what makes us aware of who and what we are is as momentary as a match flame, to me that is a truely miserable way to go through life and with no evidance to disprove that there is no afterlife or heaven or wich ever you would want to call it then faith is what I will have.

The bad thing is most of the CHURCH goers think if you dont go to church you are instantly going to hell. That is one thing I do not understand. I am not a church goer but believe heavily in God and the heavens. I have my own faith and live by my own way of life and really dislike the people who try to push there's on me! Just leave me the hell alone, I dont want to participate in your drama's you call religion. I always hear people talking about how bad the new preacher is, or what Miss so and so did or did not do, or better yet "I am not going back to that church because such and such is there".

Religion is the biggest money maker in the world. I think its crazy to that they take mission trips to places like Atlanta or Orlando "the big places around here to go for them" and they say well.......While I am there might as well go to six flags or Disney World. Thats just crazy in my book.

I wouldn't want to get too deep into this as I imagine that most of you do not want to hear the truth, but if you would actually go to a Bible believing church, not to look for hypoctites, but at the many who are there to worship God as best they can and live by the principles taught by Jesus, who did, in fact come to earth as a baby, live a life without sin, die as the ransom for all of us who are unable to please God because we are so sinful, and was raised back to life by God the Father and is alive today to save us from our sins.

End of evangelistic message. I was just curious about the thread. If there is anyone who wants to hear more, PM me.

To each their own on beliefs.

Mine are a bit different, and not actually beliefs, but observed facts (unfortunately, not objectively provable).

Suffice it to say, I am 100% certain there is life after death, and that it has NOTHING to do with any so-called religion, or the name you place on your "god(s)".

Brett wrote:
What do you guys think. Do you think that god will only let people of christianity in heaven or do you think that god will decide on who gets into heaven by not what religion you come from but by how much good you did in the world.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There are many Christians in the areas that you mention, Brett; but are a minority because of the traditions of men. Islam is the most extreme because they want to use force to convert when God gave us a free will.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Van wrote:

I have never been a fan of the church, to often the head of the church allows his or her human nature to manipulate their actions, Ive never liked a preacher that would tell me its a sin to have worldly wealth and treasures when he is wearing a rolex and driving a new cadilac.

I agree then there's the other side of the coin where they say "Plant your seed toady and God will bless you. God wants you to be rich and if you obey and he will bless you and make you rich. Plant the seed today." I call them the Prosperity Cult.

Tate wrote:

The bad thing is most of the CHURCH goers think if you dont go to church you are instantly going to hell. That is one thing I do not understand. I am not a church goer but believe heavily in God and the heavens. I have my own faith and live by my own way of life and really dislike the people who try to push there's on me! Just leave me the hell alone, I dont want to participate in your drama's you call religion. I always hear people talking about how bad the new preacher is, or what Miss so and so did or did not do, or better yet "I am not going back to that church because such and such is there".

Ask them to show you in the Bible where it states that if you don't go to church you'll go to hell then they'll really dislike you because they can't.
I'm no fan of Church because they mostly suck and are nothing but corporations who allow the government to control them by taking the 401C3
tax exempt status which takes away their freedom of speech and infringes or prohibits the free exercise thereof. Also what you describe is the club atmosphere with the gossip and backbiting that goes on in some churches. Then add false doctrine and the traditions of men to what is taught which makes many lukewarm at best.

The one thing I can’t stand is the preachers who quote a couple of verses then ramble on about boring crap for the rest of the hour. God’s Word should be taught chapter by chapter and verse by verse most of the time not one hour of boring preacher speeches with only a few Bible verses from usually a bad version of the Bible IMO. Then today many preachers take it up as an occupation instead of being called by God. And many leaders (60's hippies) of today went to Seminary to avoid the Nam draft so the Church is in a sorry state.

Heb 5:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:
Heb 5:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.
Heb 5:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
Heb 5:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

Also Tate, if you want to have fun with those kinds of people ask them about Adam and Eve and how they fell in the Garden of Eden. If they state by eating an apple then ask them to show it to you in the Bible.

Dog wrote:

I wouldn't want to get too deep into this as I imagine that most of you do not want to hear the truth,

Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

There was a guy on the radio recently who wrote a book about how the bible is interpreted differently in the states as opposed to in the middle east, in places such as Babylon and other placed actually mentioned in the bible. He said how much more forgiving they were over there and seemed to follow the actual messages of the bible as opposed to those here who just try to scare you into giving up your money.

I wouldn't have such a problem with religion if it was more like in the middle east. It's the greedy hypocrits in the U.S. that drive me nuts. They say "Don't be Gay!" and then protest howard stern for talking about sex with strippers...Howard Stern should be the best friend of the christians in all honesty. "Don't be Gay!" and then have priests touching underage boys all over the world...

I just don't get it man. If you feel you have to believe there's some 2nd life after you die, that's fine, but don't try and force it down my throat without some proof...

Purogamer said:
I wouldn't have such a problem with religion if it was more like in the middle east. It's the greedy hypocrits in the U.S. that drive me nuts. They say "Don't be Gay!" and then protest howard stern for talking about sex with strippers...Howard Stern should be the best friend of the christians in all honesty. "Don't be Gay!" and then have priests touching underage boys all over the world...

I hear you but you confuse religion with real Godliness and Christians which are very few and far in between. A real man of God isn't a beggar and may say "if we feed you then please support us" and that's about it. One sentence per service at most is my tolerance level. If they say anything else or have fundraisers then beware and it turns me off as well.

As for Stern the Bible is against fornication as well.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
1Co 6:12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
1Co 6:13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body.
1Co 6:14 And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
1Co 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
1Co 6:20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

IMO, If you have a good loving woman then marry her, respect her, and never disrespect her by even looking at another nude woman not to mention wanting another woman. I have the old school Mafia view of respecting your woman.

But how many people who are very religious are complete hypocrits? Don't they ruin the entire image of religion by cheating on their wives, getting divorced, stealing, murdering, etc...It's not uncommon to hear of people being killed while AT church...After the murders it's always "That guy was a little crazy..." but if you had asked them the day before about him, they'd have told you he was the same as them...Well guess what, he's still the same now...

What's the difference between the people who go to the church up the street from me, and the Branch Dividians in Waco? They both go to a church, they both have leaders who they believe in, and both leaders are spreading the word of God, albeit in slightly different ways. One is considered "normal" and the other is a "cult" because they took it too far. I consider them both to be cults...

Purogamer:

[But how many people who are very religious are complete hypocrits? Don't they ruin the entire image of religion by cheating on their wives, getting divorced, stealing, murdering, etc.../QUOTE]

Correct! However, you are confusing religion with real Christians which IMO is very few. I hate organized religion because most of them are clubs and apostate IMO. There are real Christians who do wrong because:

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Rom 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

The difference between me and the hypocrites is that I’m no better than you but I’m washed by Christ’s’ Blood. I know that I can do better than I am doing now and there is no excuse for it so I plan on doing better very soon. The flesh is sure weak and I for one should know better and do better than I am now.

What's the difference between the people who go to the church up the street from me, and the Branch Dividians in Waco? They both go to a church, they both have leaders who they believe in, and both leaders are spreading the word of God, albeit in slightly different ways. One is considered "normal" and the other is a "cult" because they took it too far. I consider them both to be cults...

Calling something a cult is easy because the definition of cult is basically labeling a group that differs from your belief.

If you're looking for an answer or Godliness through people or a church then you’ll be greatly disappointed because you probably won’t see anything good or you will like; especially in this age of apostasy and hypocrites.

Mat 20:16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

I suggest if you want to find God and Christ then read a KJV or a KJV21 because I think they are the best English versions and you’ll have to find some teachers if possible. I suggest listening to a show called Sheppard’s Chapel because they teach God’s Word chapter by chapter and verse by verse although I don’t agree with many of their teachings. It sure beats the rapture cult and the false doctrine of their dispensations.

God Bless and I wish you the best!

Last edited:
Sorry ROger but get a god damn life. ooh yes i did it i took the "lords" name in vain, omg I'm going to hell. If u start to quote the bible take a look inside and see how the church is... never mind you will never see that the church is a big cult and full of hypocrites. Filled full of places that used to get the wonderful Tax brakes. I would almost lay down money that u believe in "intelligent design" which has to be one of the most stupid statements that i have ever heard. There. O and btw I'm a Atheist. (yea yea I'm going to hell bla bla bla)

You need to calm down, Shaggy; and see that I addressed what you state in my response to Purogamer who put in a civil and professional way. No need for a knee-jerk reaction. Take the time and read and comprehend what I’m saying before rushing to judgement. Happy New Year!

Roger said:
You need to calm down, Shaggy; and see that I addressed what you state in my response to Purogamer who put in a civil and professional way. No need for a knee-jerk reaction. Take the time and read and comprehend what I’m saying before rushing to judgement. Happy New Year!
srry ive calmed down sence i wrote that. I was pissed and all i really saw was that u where quoting the bible. my bad

Shaggy wrote:

I would almost lay down money that u believe in "intelligent design" which has to be one of the most stupid statements that i have ever heard.

As apposed to what? Evolution that states billions of years ago we were bacteria that crawled out of a mud puddle and we turned into bugs then monkeys or some other nonsense. The secular people once thought that everything (in space) revolved around the earth and that space was a finite closed space not to mention that the world was flat and they were wrong every time.

The fairy tale of evolution makes you worth nothing more than a roach who is not worth anything but God's Creation makes us special and somebody by giving us a unique fingerprint and DNA.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

I prefer God’s plan because I’m special and so are you. You were created in your mother’s womb by God and none of your descendants crawled out of a mud puddle billions of years ago. The Bible is 100% right on while your current belief is that somebody who you think they know what they’re talking about are telling you a fairy tale billions of years ago because they want to make you a slave and destroy your soul. I say ask your teachers to explain the Pyramids and Stonehenge that were built 5000 to 6000 years ago and when they can’t answer are you still going to believe their weird fairy tales of millions or billions of years ago?

You got so much more than that crap to live for. Wake up! Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

You are Shaggy with your own fingerprint and DNA not a roach so don’t sell yourself short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)