Not a very good deal?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cah1975

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I've been a loyal Dish Network customer for six years and today I called to inquire about upgrading to HD Essentials with the AT100 Plus package. CSR said I would have to sign a two year commitment AND pay a $100 upgrade/install fee for new dish and receiver with no rebates of any kind. I don't mean to sound like a grouch, but they've never charged me any install fees when I was a new customer or when I moved as long as I signed a commitment. Now (according to CSR) I'm signing a long term commit AND having to pay install fees even though I'm upgrading to a higher level of service! Was this CSR correct in what he told me?

I recently did this - the CSR told me it would be $150 so I told them I would like to cancel my service. I was then transferred to someone else that waived the fees without any problem.

This is the sort of stuff they will waive for good customers. Retention can do it, as can the executive office.

Easiest is to play CSR roulette a few times. Call back in and see what happens. If that doesn't work, try ceo@dishnetwork.com. That almost always works.

If you say cancel, be ready to do so, because it may be a crapshoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)