Not all Los Angeles Locals in HD

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Does anyone know of KTLA 5 coming soon to Dish, Directv has had them for a while. KCAL 9 is another channel that broadcasts in HD has anyone heard anything about the two channels.

Get an antenna! I see you are in Fontana, not too far away from me in Moreno Valley. Unless you are right up against the hills you should have no problem pulling in a great signal from Mt. Wilson as I do here. I doubt Dish will ever put all of the locals up in HD - there just isn't enough available bandwidth on the satellites for that, and it is not required by law as it is for SD locals. Dish offers a special deal on OTA antenna installation if you don't want to take it on yourself. Without a real OTA antenna, not only do you miss out on the independent channels and PBS in HD, you also miss out on all the subchannels, like News Raw on KNBC 4.5, PBS Kids on KLCS 58.2, or Qubo on KPXN 30.2.

Do you mind giving me any suggestions on the OTA antenna. There are so many, being that you are from the area, can you give me any suggestions? Maybe any local places I can go to?

I am in La Verne, just west of you. Just get a good mid range UHF antenna from radio shack should get you a good signal. I got mine free from VOOM. It is a short one about 2 feet long and most of my channels are coming in over 90%.

So You are telling me that the same old antenna that we used to use to receive analog would be fine? All I need to do is connect it to the 722 and that will be it? Or I need to buy an antenna from radio shack that says HD Ready?

any antenna should do.if you are north of foothill blvd good luck,make sure when you buy the antenna they have a good return policy.

Someone else said that they where in Moreno Valley with no problem, and that's still farther. By the way my cross streets are Foothill and Citrus. Should the huge OTA antenna should do just fine? I just don't see any way that I can point that sucker to MT.Wilson. If it would pick up all the locals just fine, it should do the same with HD right?

Someone else said that they where in Moreno Valley with no problem, and that's still farther. By the way my cross streets are Foothill and Citrus. Should the huge OTA antenna should do just fine? I just don't see any way that I can point that sucker to MT.Wilson. If it would pick up all the locals just fine, it should do the same with HD right?
You would probably need a large antenna from where you are at and you would still have a hard time getting them in.The only way your going to find out is by trying .i am near that area and gave up a long time ago.

I live in Corona down off the 15fwy south of the 91fwy and bought a cheap $28 indoor antenna and connected it to my 622 and get all the locals with at least 70 signal strength. Some higher. But Channel 5 and 9 come in perfect. I ended up moving the indoor antenna up in the attic to get even better strength.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts