Not elligible for 622

Going the cancellation route can be risky, though. If they don't consider you a top tier customer they are libel to just say 'okay' when you tell them you want to cancel service. Nice avatar by the way RBergmann(Jet from Cowboy Bebop)!:)

DaveyBoy26 said:
Going the cancellation route can be risky, though. If they don't consider you a top tier customer they are libel to just say 'okay' when you tell them you want to cancel service.
I'm going to guess that if they say 'okay' that quickly it might be due to the fact that you have a bill paying problem. They don't want to lose customers.

I was a customer for 4 years, cancelled service and moved to another city for 6 months, while waiting to buy another house, so I tried cable (ha!).

When I finally made the deal (real estate), I contacted SBC this time, to bundle Dish in with my service. I had all my own equipment including an 811. No problem.

About 9 months later, the ViP622 was premiered. Looked good to me. I have owned a 55" Mitsubishi HD ready set for almost 5 years with little to look at in the way of HD (DVDs, however, justified the cost). Wanted to take advantage of the upgrade and was told that SBC customers were out of luck by the CSR. At this point, they weren't aware that I was a returning customer. I discovered later on that the CSRs appear to only have records by telephone number not address.

Told them I wanted to cancel. Forwarded me to cancellations and, Voila!, an SBC customer has the same upgrade path that those paying Dish direct do.

BTW ... If you don't know, even if you contract through SBC and have to call customer support for your Dish issues (except for new service sign-ups), you will be forwarded to a Dish CSR. SBC (AT&T) doesn't try to handle these things. However it's difficult, if not impossible, to contact a Dish CSR without calling AT&T first.

... rab

n.b. The avatar reminded me of the featured character, that introduced each story in "Creepy" magazine from the '70s.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts