Not elligible for 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

wam161

Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
The other day I called Dish Network to ask them what I would need to do in order to get the 622. I currently have the SD 5222. I only have one HD TV, and I love the use of a DVR. The 622 makes perfect sense for the upgrade considering my current TV layout. The customer service woman on the phone proceeds to tell me that I am not qualified to get a 622. She advises me that I can only have one DVR. So I tell her that all I want is the 622. I would send back the 522, or give it to the Dish Network installer.

She tells me that it cannot be done that way. I would need to send the DVR back, and then wait a few weeks or a month. Then I would need to call Dish and try and beg them for a 622. She also said I could cancel my service outright, but wait 6 months to a year and resubscribe. Essentially, the only way I could get a 622 is by buying it outright.

Complete BS!!!!

Just last night I watch a Charlie Chat rebroadcast from a week and a half ago. They say that the upgrade from SD to HD could be done for a $199.00 with a 100.00 rebate. As easy as that. This was for the 622.

What gives?

I lease a 622 and own a 7200.:D If your 522 is leased you will need to return the 522, if you want the $199 deal. The exchange should be made at the time of the installation of the new receiver.

Last edited:
I just upgraded my 522 to a 622. The 522 was leased, my dish is owned. Since I did not lease everything I was not elgible for the $10 a month credit but did get the upgrade for $199. They did not take the 522 at the time of the 622 install. I'm assuming that I'll get an empty box to return it in.

Call another CSR.

You sure you didn't call DirecTV by mistake and they were having some fun with you? ;)

With employees like that... :rolleyes:

Call again. I have a ViP622, 721 & 508. I traded in my 301 for the ViP622.

I leased a 622 in February. Prior to getting the 622, I leased a 522 and owned two 301 receivers. I disconected the two 301's and kept the 522 on a lease. I had to install a dish 1000 with two LNB's, one to to the 622 and one to the 522.

Yeah, I just ordered a 622(lease) to replace my 211 and had no problems as I got to keep my 522 as well. I just leased the 211 in February and everything. Your CSR was severely misinformed.:)

David

I had an owned 721 & 2 leased 510s. I upgraded one 510 to the 622 back in April. So, I now have the 721, one leased 510 & the leased 622, a total of 5 tuners, 3 TVs. Of course, I didn't go through a CSR, I called tech support.

I swapped out an owned 501 for a 622 lease a week ago for $199. Like the 622 so much that I called to ask if I could do the same thing with my second 501. Answer was YES. I will probably wait until the next price cut on the 622 and try to purchase one then.

Cheers,
Red

Thanks for the info. It appears that it is a CSR crap shoot with Dish Network. I've had problems before with them not what was going on.

At least as far as HD is concerned, yep- just get thru to tech support. You might get transferred there anyway, if a CSR realizes he can't help you.

grecni said:
I just upgraded my 522 to a 622. The 522 was leased, my dish is owned. Since I did not lease everything I was not elgible for the $10 a month credit but did get the upgrade for $199.

To get the $100 credit you have to surrender ownership to your dishes, switches, and LNBs???

I must've have missed that requirement.

Hmmm ... given that my stuff consists of a Dish 500, Dish 300, legacy LNBs, and a few SW21s, getting $100 for it while being allowed to keep the junk is probably a good deal for me.

You can get the $10 for 10 months becasue that is a programing upgrade to one of the metal packages. I did simular to what you did, but I returned a 301 lease for a 622 lease. Paid the $199, but did not get $100 return equipment credit because it is for owned equipment only. They mailed me the rebate form.

Hey, I just got "THE CALL."

A Dish rep called and offered me the 622 upgrade for $199 minus a $100 credit for returning my leased 942 and the $10/mon programming credit for 10 months, for an effective cost of -$1.

It also included an upgrade of my D500 to a D1000.

I asked if the 622 would be shipped to my house or delivered by the installer. Was told it would come with the installer. Too bad. I told the Dish guy that I wouldn't' let the installer within 10' of my A/V equipment rack but he would be welcome to stand there and watch me put it in.

I also told them that if the installer came with a D1000 then he would be leaving with it too, because I wasn't going to let him put it up. Why in the world would I want a D1000? A D1000+ I might have thought about.

Now if he would like to swap out my legacy LNBs and switches for DishPro LNBs and switches, on my D500 and D300, then I'd let him do that. Those old switches take about 5 minutes to run a checkswitch.

So I accepted it in the end. I can hardly wait for the 622 to show up and to use my HDMI connection for 2 or 3 weeks before it breaks.

I just ordered one to replace my 811 and still have the 522, but have purchesed a VIP 211 from DishStore to replace it. Dish CSR was fine with it as an overlap may last only a day or two and is sending boxes for both the 811 and 522. I'll be sure to copy some items from one to the other. The install Saturday is the 652 for the main 56 inch 1080p DLP Samsung, and the 211 goes on my older HD set.

They are happy for you to buy all the receivers you want. What they are picky about is letting you lease multi 622's at the promo price.

I was also told that I couldn't upgrade to a ViP622. I have my account bundled in with AT&T. By using the technique below, I now have my ViP622 with a new Dish 1000.

I've found the best way to deal with my calls to Dish CSRs is to ask for my service to be discontinued. At that point, they will tell me that I have to talk to another department for this. Then I can ask the question of the CSR in Cancellations (or whatever they call it) and get good answers.

What I believe happens is that the original call goes offshore where they don't have a clue. The call re-routing, to discontinue service, requires a domestic CSR (probably a high power salesperson, that's supposed to disuade me from leaving Dish, with decisioning making ability) who has the answers that I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)