Not Free Upgraded yesterday 942 to 622 299.00

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I called yesterday to find if I could upgrade from 942 to 622 without paying the 99.00 installation fee was told unaware of this, they check and said " I could get the 200.00 rebate after return of 942 but 99.00 would be charged for installation.
I went ahead with it because Ive heard hear starzhd and national geo hd is comming soon.
I told dish rep ive seen that other are getting this offer from dish and he checked with supervisor was told no .
Hmmmm, very strange how some get the offer!!!

Also was wondering if anyone knew how long before Hartford, CT local HD would be on dish i get ota but would love from dish also

You won't get the "free" upgrade various people are talking about calling into a CSR. THose being offered are being called by a member of the executive team, are long time and high paying subs. I don't know of any leasers of 942's being offered this either.

teachsac said:
You won't get the "free" upgrade various people are talking about calling into a CSR. THose being offered are being called by a member of the executive team, are long time and high paying subs. I don't know of any leasers of 942's being offered this either.

There's at least one 942 lease that got it in the main post on the subject.

Prob. I followed the thread for a while, but quit reading. My main point was they call you, you don't call them unless they come out with that offer a CSR won't know about it.

Leasers are getting the offer as well. The reason the OP isn't getting the offer is that they are targeting subs in cities where HD locals have been added. Also, it is not only "high paying subs" I only have the 120 plus HD pak and I got the call. I have not decided if I should take it yet.

teachsac said:

I am a 942 leaser who got the offer a couple of days ago. I also have a 622 that I leased a couple of months ago. So much for their one update per year thing I guess...

I was tempted but my 942 is in my basement on my 540p projector and we hardly ever watch it any more.

I am a high-paying customer I guess ($110/month) with no HD locals available on Dish so I think they are probably offering it to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts