Not getting 129 with 1000.2 dish.

Friend

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Hi All,

I am installing dish 1000.2 and I am not getting 129. I get 110 and 119. 110 have signal strength about 80 and 119 has 70. I have lost of trees in the back and I am almost thinking I have issue with line of sight for 129 and I am need to adjust skew.

Is there any one out there thinks I need to change AZ or Elevation? I am using skew from dish 1000.2 manual. Elevation is much higher then dish. Also pole is plumb.

Also If I standing behind the dish 129 will on the left side correct?

On check switch screen I get 119 on 1st, 110 on 2nd and 3rd box is X. Fourth is 61.5

Move the dish to the right and set the elevation to the recommended setting. You're probably getting 110 and 119 on the wrong lnbs.

Move the dish to the right and set the elevation to the recommended setting. You're probably getting 110 and 119 on the wrong lnbs.

If that is the case why my switch matrix is correct in order 119,110 and 129 on switch matrix screen.

Using port 1 on the lnb, peak your dish on 119 and you should get all 3 sats in line.

I apologies bross, it was issue with wrong lnb as you mentioned. I was getting it on port 1 because it was on port 1 of the dpp44. Any way after covering both wing lnb and pointing on 119 with center lnb, I am getting all 3 satellites.

Thanks mike-d, now new problem is 129 signal strength is too low. It finds in check switch but on point dish it is barely moving above 5. 110 and 119 both are around 75.

I am going to tweak (If you have suggestion please let me know) more but thank all for your help. :)

repeak

I apologies bross, it was issue with wrong lnb as you mentioned. I was getting it on port 1 because it was on port 1 of the dpp44. Any way after covering both wing lnb and pointing on 119 with center lnb, I am getting all 3 satellites.

Thanks mike-d, now new problem is 129 signal strength is too low. It finds in check switch but on point dish it is barely moving above 5. 110 and 119 both are around 75.

I am going to tweak (If you have suggestion please let me know) more but thank all for your help. :)

It sounds like not only the dish turned. But the elevation is off. Once you readjust the elevation then you are going to have to readjust the skew.

It sounds like not only the dish turned. But the elevation is off. Once you readjust the elevation then you are going to have to readjust the skew.

Thanks guys for helping me out, I did readjust everything and but still have issues with sate signal on 129.
I did got some signal 5 on most transponder to 25 on transponder 21. Anyway there are lots of trees in my neighbors backyard and definitely there is no real clear line of sight as 129 has lower elevation then other 2 sats.

Some day I will try to mount dish on side of my house but poll is not going to work to get 129.

Friend you stated "Also If I standing behind the dish 129 will on the left side correct?"

If you are standing behind the dish facing the LNBs, 129 will be to the right. I have the same situation Signal on 110 & 119 but some tree branches are blocking 129

To tell if the tree branches are in way of 129....Go to your receiver and access the check switch screen, Change the satellite to 129........and then watch the signal meter at the bottom,...If the sig meter fluctuates more than 5-10 clicks,...then sure bet it's a tree.....As the wind or breeze moves leaves or branches the sig meter will change.... When there is nothing in the way of the dish the sig strength will change 1 or 2% only... if it is changing from 15% to 40% then you have to invest in a chain saw or couple of sticks of dynamite.

This might help
Dish-13.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)