Not getting some channels I should and getting others that maybe I shouldnt be???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
let's start here...I've been a Dish subscriber for about 8 years and have had HD since the 811 was first introduced...I'm currenty on the AT200 + $10/month for HD. I do not subscribe to the HD Platinum...

Yesterday I decided to print the HD package channel lineup from the Dishnetwork website and compare it to what I'm getting at home...what I discovered confused me....For example, the channel lineup from the website says that I should be getting channels like: Univision, truTV, Turner Classic, Telefutura, Investigation Discovery, Hallmark Channel HD...however I am not receiving these channels. I also noticed that I am, however, receiving WFN HD and MGM HD (I'm actually getting this on 2 different channel numbers)...

So what's the deal here? According to their printed channel lineup I am missing multiple channels that I have been paying for getting for years and I am getting 2 channels that their lineup says that I should not be...Is this the result of me being on some old lineup because of being an HD customer for so many years? Or have they just messed up my account or something? Or is their website displaying an inaccruate channel lineup for the AT200 + HD packager? How do you folks recommend I handle this?

-mcbride

I have been trying to deal with a very similar situation. I have always received Palladia until recently. Everytime I call Dish they tell me it has been moved to a higher package, but there website clearly says it is in the TOP 120 with HD package.

I suspect a couple of things going on.

Do you currently have an MPEG4 receiver?

Are you up to date as to where the channels are now on the SAT. Some people had to get a different set-up to see all the channels because they have moved (and continue to move) to different satellites.

HD is free now other than the Platinum pack add on. If you are paying I would start there. MGM I think is part of the Platinum pack.....

I have been trying to deal with a very similar situation. I have always received Palladia until recently. Everytime I call Dish they tell me it has been moved to a higher package, but there website clearly says it is in the TOP 120 with HD package.

Not really the same problem. Yours is a known problem very different than the poster has.....

I have a 622. I thought that the "Free HD" was only for new subscribers that accepted that offer in their terms. I have always had a $10 line item on my monthy bill for HD service.

I ran across another post somewhere that said that MGM HD and WFN HD are both being offered as free promo's right now, so that answers why I am getting them, however I still need to know why I am not getting the others that their channel lineup says I should be getting. Also, even if I go to the All Channel Guide, I do not see them listed in RED, they just are not listed at all.

Hi asmcbride, I believe WFN and MGM are part of the free view this month so that may be why your are getting them. What dish are you setup with? If you have a mixed 61.5, 110, 119 setup that may the reason you are not getting the other channels. Later, DC

yes, I do have the 61.5/110/119 setup. is there a list showing which new channels subs dont receive, but should be receiving, if they have this setup?

Thanks,

For some reason the search function is not working for me right now. Kept coming up no results.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)