Not Happy (Phone line problem on dish interactive)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EVAC41

Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
North Dakota
Is anyone else having problems when they use the phoneline to pay their bill, add programing, yada yada yada.. It dials then goes thru the "Please wait - this may take a few moments". Then hangs up for a long time then says "EA 09 - Unable to connect to Dish Network at this time. Please try again later" I have reported this problems now three times and they keep giving me the same stuff. That they wont swap out the reciever becuase this is a problem with many vip 622's and the new one will probably have the same problem. They say they are working on it. But I have reported it 3 and 6 months ago. Here is a copy of the chat session:

Dish: Thank you for choosing Dish Network Chat Support. Please give me a moment while I review your technical Issue.
Dish: DO you currently have the receiver connected to a phoneline?
ME: that is correct
Dish: And do you have any dsl service?
ME: nope cable internet. I have tried several different phone cords even new ones and it still does not connect.
Dish: Go to the menu, and then hit the number 6-3, please.
ME: ok
ME: at diagnostics menu
Dish: Then go to connection and select that, please.
ME: broadband and phone ok
Dish: You have Ethernet hooked up to it as well?
ME: yep
Dish: The phoneline, is it standard service or voip?
ME: but it did it even when the etherenet port was on even enabled. Phone line is a standard service.
ME: sorry not enabled
ME: the ethernet port
Dish: Ok, now let's reset the reciever by holding the power button on the front of the receiver for 10 seconds, please.
ME: i have done this also with no luck. I have now reset the reciever.
Dish: Right, we are going to reset it and I am actually sending an authorization issue to the receiver as well.
ME: ok it has not come back online yet
Dish: Tell me when it has acquired signal and downloaded the program guide, then we are going to try to get to the interactive applications again.
ME: ok its online "Acquiring satellite signal"
ME: 1 of 5
ME: 3 of 5
ME: now just went back to 1 of 5
ME: now jumped up to 5 of 5 and now its getting programming
ME: still there?
Dish: Yes sir.
ME: ok thought i lost you there for a moment
Dish: No, just waiting for it to acquire.
ME: ok. if we have to swap out the reciever how much would it be to get a 722 instead of a 622?
ME: or could i just get a 722 sent to me?
Dish: 1 moment. Actually for this issue, since the receiver is dialing out and removing the access fee on a monthly basis, we would replace the box for the problem, but gather information for our engineering to department to resolve via software update. But let me get the pricing for a 722 for you as well.
Dish: It would be $75.00 with a 24 month commitment and credit card qualification.
ME: ok thanks. Could we just swap out the box?
Dish: You want to upgrade to the 722?
Dish: nope just swap out the box for another 622 I will probabily upgrade later on.
Dish: No sir, this is a known receiver issue we are having with this receiver, if it is still not working after what we have done, I need to get some information from he system info screen on your receiver to give to our engineering department.
ME: if it is a known reciever issue why is nothing getting done to fix it. I have reported this problem before long time ago and nothing was done. If they wont replace my reciever they need to get off their butt and fix the issue.
ME: or i will switch networks. This is making me not happy
Dish: Have you tried it again, sir?
ME: yes and nothing
Dish: Ok, can you press the menu button twice on your remote, please?
ME: ok
ME: in the system info screen
(24DrDcb) Jerry D: Can you give me the Roo, S19 #'s, and the software version.
ME: (Edited) Sent them ROO & S19 number and software version. If they don't get this problem fix I will be canceling my service and going over to direct tv. I am getting mad everytime I call in or chat with someone they give me the same line and have me give them the Roo and s19 #'s and the software version and nothing gets done.. HAVE THEM GET IT DONE!!!!
Dish: Sir, I assure you we are working on the situation and will do our best to get it resolved as soon as possible. Can I help you with anything else today?
ME: yea when 30 years from now. I will try in two weeks and if its not fixed I will be canceling my service. I am paying good money to you guys and why should i be having problems.
ME: and you wont swap out the reciever.
ME: I pay for that service also.
Dish: Because the replacement would most likely have the same issue. You pay for programming, but the customer support application is a free service, so you are still getting everything that you actually pay for sir. But, I definitely apologize for the frustration.
ME: Well its been like 3 and 6 months and reported the same problem and still noting. What do they do all day drink coffee and sit around and do nothing. Have them actually do some work.
ME: yes i am very mad right now.
Dish: I assure you they do sir. May I help you with anything else today?
ME: nope but tell them to fix the damn issue or i will be leave you guys.
Dish: Thank you for being so co-operative throughout the chat session and also for providing me an opportunity to assist you today.
ME: I will also be e-mailing the CEO on this isssue.
ME: Thanks
Dish: I assure you as well, he is very aware of all known receiver issues we are having at this time. I am very sorry, and we are working on the issues.
ME: thanks bye

YEs I can not connect via phone line over dishhome ever on any of my 3 dvrs. It has been this way ever since I got my 622s and 722 dvr. I don't care I use the online features of the DISH website. I didn't think anyone uses interactive features much anyway on the DISH receivers. Funny thing the phone line shows connected and I can call out as needed to give DISH my counters analysis.

ME: (Edited) Sent them ROO & S19 number and software version. If they don't get this problem fix I will be canceling my service and going over to direct tv. I am getting mad everytime I call in or chat with someone they give me the same line and have me give them the Roo and s19 #'s and the software version and nothing gets done.. HAVE THEM GET IT DONE!!!!
Dish: Sir, I assure you we are working on the situation and will do our best to get it resolved as soon as possible. Can I help you with anything else today?
ME: yea when 30 years from now. I will try in two weeks and if its not fixed I will be canceling my service. I am paying good money to you guys and why should i be having problems.
ME: and you wont swap out the reciever.
ME: I pay for that service also.
Dish: Because the replacement would most likely have the same issue. You pay for programming, but the customer support application is a free service, so you are still getting everything that you actually pay for sir. But, I definitely apologize for the frustration.
ME: Well its been like 3 and 6 months and reported the same problem and still noting. What do they do all day drink coffee and sit around and do nothing. Have them actually do some work.
ME: yes i am very mad right now.
Dish: I assure you they do sir. May I help you with anything else today?
ME: nope but tell them to fix the damn issue or i will be leave you guys.
Dish: Thank you for being so co-operative throughout the chat session and also for providing me an opportunity to assist you today.
ME: I will also be e-mailing the CEO on this isssue.
ME: Thanks
Dish: I assure you as well, he is very aware of all known receiver issues we are having at this time. I am very sorry, and we are working on the issues.
ME: thanks bye

"Have them get it done". Yeah, right. They tell the CSR what to say and do, not the other way around.

What, did you think you were talking to Charlie Ergen or something??

"Have them get it done". Yeah, right. They tell the CSR what to say and do, not the other way around.

What, did you think you were talking to Charlie Ergen or something??

I did send him an e-mail about this and I hope it got thru to him. It is making me really :mad: I normally pay my bill thru the website but sometimes to most of the time its usually down or really slow. So my second option was going thru dish interactive when I had my 522 but since I got my 622 it has not been working. Then if I have to use the CSR to do pay my bill on the phone it costs money for what I have no idea why. Some way to get some more money. Sorry just getting it off my chest. I hope the CSR sent the whole chat session to the right department. I am not going to pay over 120 dollars for people to drink coffee and not do anything. We sometimes have this same issue where I work and I can fix it (When it goes down) in two to three hours and it takes them almost a year. Sometime really wrong with that picture.:rolleyes:

UPDATE:

Called dish last night and actually spoke my peace calmly to a CSR who told me that it should have not taken them a year to fix this problem and that I was totally correct. I asked her since I have been having this problem I should be intitled to a free upgrade to a 722. She was fully understandable and sent the upgrade order in and I asked her several times will I be charged for this upgrade becuase I don't want to see it on my bill. She told me No you will not be charged the only thing is that you will have to do a 24 month contract.

I did send him an e-mail about this and I hope it got thru to him. It is making me really :mad: I normally pay my bill thru the website but sometimes to most of the time its usually down or really slow. So my second option was going thru dish interactive when I had my 522 but since I got my 622 it has not been working. Then if I have to use the CSR to do pay my bill on the phone it costs money for what I have no idea why. Some way to get some more money. Sorry just getting it off my chest. I hope the CSR sent the whole chat session to the right department. I am not going to pay over 120 dollars for people to drink coffee and not do anything. We sometimes have this same issue where I work and I can fix it (When it goes down) in two to three hours and it takes them almost a year. Sometime really wrong with that picture.:rolleyes:

No problem. sorry for being a smart-ass.

Let you on a little secret. Most of us techs don't care for the 622 that much. The 722 is a stud, the 622 not so much.

I have been having this problem since the latest software update (5.11). It used to work great and my other box (non DVR older model) works fine. One thing I noticed... after it dials and establishes a phone modem connection it tries to actually data connect BUT it is trying to connect via broadband connection I believe. As soon as it tries to data connect I get activity on my router.

Jay

Another Update:

I got my VIP 722 in the mail today. Activated it and she started going thru with me about the leasing agreement. I went "Hold on" Three people in your department told me that I would own this reciever becuase I am sending in my 622 due to on going problems with it. She told me "No" sinced you upgraded (Which they said it would be free and found out they charged me) I called right away and told them to take the %^$%^$%^
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
fee off my account Now!!!! Which he did as I could hardly understand him. Anyway I told the lady to connect me to the people so that I could figure this mess out right now. Well she transfered me. I spoke to another lady in account relations. Which to make a very long story short. I ended up canceling my account and told her I better not see a charge on my credit card or I will be talking with an attorney for False information, Lying and a few other things which I can't think of right now becuase I am so
mad.gif
. There was a very long pause.. Then she came back on the line and said "Ok I will cancel your account and not charge you the early termaination fee which will be effective today" I said ok I better not see any charges on my credit card or you will be getting a call from my attorney. I don't think you need another suit on your hands. She told me "No we don't" So after that I went over to direct tv and have an installiation scheduled for either tomorrow evening or Friday afternoon.

Good Bye to E* hello to D*!!!!!

I had a similar problem when I added a VIP 211 to my account. I was never told about the 24 month agreement but was aware of the $75 upgrade fee. When the installer tried to get me to sign the agreement, I refused. I later called customer service and argued with Manila to no satisfaction. I repeatedly called until I reached someone in the US. The woman I spoke to was very helpful, listened to me, and asked her supervisor to waive the commitment. I requested email comfirmation the agreement has been waived and it showed up while I was still on the phone. If you like the service, I suggest you keep barking....to someone in the US.

Steven.

No problem. sorry for being a smart-ass.

Let you on a little secret. Most of us techs don't care for the 622 that much. The 722 is a stud, the 622 not so much.

That's a HUGE problem with DISH. They only care about the newest models out there, period. Had major problems w/ my 622. Kept telling me it's a known bug and they're working on it. Never offered to replace it, despite the fact that I was paying for DHPP.

As soon as I got fed up and called to cancel however, then they start telling me that "Oh no, that's no a known bug, we'll have you a new receiver tomorrow!". That infuriated me to no end. When I complain they don't care, but when I call to cancel they do!

I had a similar problem when I added a VIP 211 to my account. I was never told about the 24 month agreement but was aware of the $75 upgrade fee. When the installer tried to get me to sign the agreement, I refused. I later called customer service and argued with Manila to no satisfaction. I repeatedly called until I reached someone in the US. The woman I spoke to was very helpful, listened to me, and asked her supervisor to waive the commitment. I requested email comfirmation the agreement has been waived and it showed up while I was still on the phone. If you like the service, I suggest you keep barking....to someone in the US.

Steven.

Did that with no luck at all. That's why I finally said "I'm sick of the arguing cancel my account now. Three techs said the reciever will be owned. I don't like being lied too. I had enough of it at my other job. Cancel my account and I don't want to see the early termination fee on my CC or you will hear from my attorney. Then call to verify that it was taken care off and the termination fee was taken off. Got the India call center. OMG I could hardly understand the person. Finally I told her to transfer me to the US. She told me that they were closed. I told her don't give me that &%^&%^&%^&. Transfer me now!!!! So she did and talked with a nice gal that I could actually understand. She had to dig deep within my account to see that the early termination fee was waved. She also found out that I don't have to return the LNB's for my Dish 1000.2 but going to return them anyway to satify them. Cause they will probably charge me for them saying I didn't return them because they don't know how to look closly at the notes (Kindergarden antics goes all the way :rolleyes:)

I'm really tired of DISH and their phone line BS. When I got my 722 I thought I'd be rid of the phone line once and for all... but I was wrong. Certain features, and I believe the bill paying feature is one, that can only use the phone line and will not use the broadband connection even if attached!

So technically, for all features of my 722 to work properly, it requires BOTH the phone line and the broadband (Internet) connection!

That's just idiotic.

Sounds to me like the OP has a bad attitude and was just looking for something to gripe about. If Charles Ergen himself came to your door to deliver a replacement receiver you would have found something wrong with that.

It's a satellite receiver and a DVR, not a computer game. The interactive stuff, if it works, is just a bonus. If it doesn't who cares. It's faster and easier to just pay your bill online anyway.

Prediction: you won't be happy with DirecTV either.

Sounds to me like the OP has a bad attitude and was just looking for something to gripe about. If Charles Ergen himself came to your door to deliver a replacement receiver you would have found something wrong with that.

It's a satellite receiver and a DVR, not a computer game. The interactive stuff, if it works, is just a bonus. If it doesn't who cares. It's faster and easier to just pay your bill online anyway.

Prediction: you won't be happy with DirecTV either.

X2
Your nuts if you think dish will just hand you a receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)