not impressed with samsung bd1400

The sony players don't won't decode HD audio and no 5.1 analog out. Currently the 1400 on paper is almost as good as the panasonic 30.

HD Audio as in "TrueHD"?? I think the BDP-S500 and BDP-S2000ES can either output or internally decode Dolby TrueHD & dts-HD..

Updating via the ethernet is a lot easier, IMHO. Keep in mind, HD DVD players also needed updates. With new technology, there will be more updating in the future.

The BDP300 can not. The 500 is $600 and the 200 is $1300. :eek:

Yeah they will go down in price some this year but you can always look and see what other manufactures have. Like Philips,LG,Pioneer,Panasonic,Sharp,Lite-On,Denon,Daewoo,JVC so forth. I did see that there are some Discontinued players which are below.

Blu-ray.com - Blu-ray Players

Discontinued

Samsung BD-P1200 Blu-ray Player

Samsung BD-P1000 Blu-ray Player

Philips BDP9000 Blu-ray Player

I love reading this. It just reaffirms that the whole HDDVD vs BR debate was a crock, both are doomed. There is no way a format will take over which requires a firmware update. It just means death to physical media. Downloads will be the only real HD content if they keep this crap up.

when i purchased a toshiba hd dvd a2 from walmart, worked out of the box for hd content

i just received subject player and it wont play a blu ray disk, die hard 4.
regular dvd load fine. no where in the documentation indiates that u must ugrade frm ware before unit will read blu ray disk. im really disappointed in unit.

Had the same problem, updated the firmware on Monday and now it works fine!

I love reading this. It just reaffirms that the whole HDDVD vs BR debate was a crock, both are doomed. There is no way a format will take over which requires a firmware update. It just means death to physical media. Downloads will be the only real HD content if they keep this crap up.

It's early days. The ability to even do firmware updates is a nice feature for the early adopters. Now that the "war" is over, features and firmware will stabilize and prices will drop (in my opinion).

Obviously you never worked with some of the early DVD players. A firmware update would have been much appreciated.

Bd-p1400

I had the same problem with Die Hard 4. I burned the disc and updated the FW and all is well. I love my 1400. Now I just need to upgrade the receiver to utilize the HD audio!! You can never get a leg up on technology! It is always a step ahead!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts