Not installed for my HD locals

cdragon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
When I was installed 2 years ago 129 was a no go for PA. Also, they where adding HD locals in PA to 118 at the time. So my setup was 110,118,119 with a 61.5 wing. They finally goto my locals in HD and what do they do but put them on 129. Now what can I do?

Sounds like they set you up with a 500+ dish (110, 118 and 119) and a wing dish, along with a DPP-44 switch setup. I believe dish still has the 500+ to 1000+ upgrade arm (129 LNB Bracket for Dish 500 Plus), you could use the LNB from your wing dish and the adapter arm to pick up the 129 bird and ditch the wing dish.

Also, since your locals are now in HD on 129 and your SD locals are (possibly were) on 118, a 1000.2 would probably do the trick.

Miner

He doesn't have line of sight for 129. My HD locals were put on 129 too. Would have to move dish to roof of second story, no thanks. Can get 3 out of 4 locals in HD OTA, so I hope there isn't much on CBS I want to watch.

Sounds like you are in the Pittsburgh DMA which has the HD on 118.7

Where does it say he has a LOS issue for 129? 2 years ago was Echo 5 and it had a crappy footprint in PA and ENE of there. Thats why they probably set him up with a wing dish. SInce his locals were on 118.7 the national HD would have been better for him at 61.5

to the OP there is technically a simple solution...DO NOTHING
Your locals are still on 118.7 (if you are in the Pittsburgh market)....or if you want, swing the 61.5 dish to 129

Your right about the 500 plus and the wing 61.5 but neither the main dish or the wing have los. So I would need another wing or move the 61.5 and repoint. I'm in the Johnstown/Altoona DMA we went with the 118 because the closest HD DMA at the time (Pittsburgh) had just been added to it. I can do it myself ... just didn't know if I could get charley to do it for me :)

Last edited:
so do you still have Pittsburgh HD locals then?

If so, you can just reaim the 61.5 dish over to 129.

You can enter your zip or city/state in the sat finder
Satellite Angle Calculator - SatelliteGuys.US

and it will give you both the elevation that 61.5 should be at and what 129 is at. Reaim the dish to where 129 is and rerun check switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)