Not receiving new HD channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bengal1

Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
N.W. Ohio
I have a H20 receiver and I am not getting the new HD channels. I only get the old mpeg2 HD channels, ESPN,TNT,HDTH and HDN. I was told the new HD channels are on 103b, I get signals on 103a but not 103b. The new HD channels say searching for signal 771. How can I get a signal on 103a but not 103b. I have the B Band Converter installed. I get 99b transponder 1 signal is 78, 2 is 33, 3 is 78, 4 is 20, 5 is 74, 6 is 48. 101 all transponders in the 90 range. 103a transponder 1 is 82, 2 is 0, 3 is 78, 4 is 87, 5 is 78, 6 is 87, 15 is 0, 16 is 0, 17 is 84, 18 is 0, 19 is 0, 20 is 0, 21 is 0, 22 is 0, 23 is 0, 24 is 0. 103b is all zeros. 119 is all high 90 to 100 range. I had Directv come out and they said my problem is a tree in the way of the 99 degree satellite.

Thanks, Rod

I have a H20 receiver and I am not getting the new HD channels. I only get the old mpeg2 HD channels, ESPN,TNT,HDTH and HDN. I was told the new HD channels are on 103b, I get signals on 103a but not 103b. The new HD channels say searching for signal 771. How can I get a signal on 103a but not 103b. I have the B Band Converter installed. I get 99b transponder 1 signal is 78, 2 is 33, 3 is 78, 4 is 20, 5 is 74, 6 is 48. 101 all transponders in the 90 range. 103a transponder 1 is 82, 2 is 0, 3 is 78, 4 is 87, 5 is 78, 6 is 87, 15 is 0, 16 is 0, 17 is 84, 18 is 0, 19 is 0, 20 is 0, 21 is 0, 22 is 0, 23 is 0, 24 is 0. 103b is all zeros. 119 is all high 90 to 100 range. I had Directv come out and they said my problem is a tree in the way of the 99 degree satellite.

Thanks, Rod

If your channels are on the 103(b) sat, what did D* say about that and not getting your channels ?
Is this a new install ?
Have you ever had the MPEG4 channels yet ?
I suppose it's possible that D* has not turned them on for you, might want to give them a call and they can do a re-hit and check things out.

Jimbo

If your channels are on the 103(b) sat, what did D* say about that and not getting your channels ?
Is this a new install ?
Have you ever had the MPEG4 channels yet ?
I suppose it's possible that D* has not turned them on for you, might want to give them a call and they can do a re-hit and check things out.

Jimbo
I have had my HD receiver for about 6 months and only realized I was not getting the new HD channels. I had a service call about 2 weeks ago and he said there was a tree in the way of the 99 degree satellite is why I am not receiving the new HD channels. I thought about switching to Dish Network and posted about the satellite postions to see if they are farther west so this tree would not interfere with my signal. I was told the new HD channels are on 103b. Should I call them and have them resend signal?

I have had my HD receiver for about 6 months and only realized I was not getting the new HD channels. I had a service call about 2 weeks ago and he said there was a tree in the way of the 99 degree satellite is why I am not receiving the new HD channels. I thought about switching to Dish Network and posted about the satellite postions to see if they are farther west so this tree would not interfere with my signal. I was told the new HD channels are on 103b. Should I call them and have them resend signal?
I did have the new HD channels for about two days then went away.

get someone else out there. the last guy shouldve checked all your connections including to see if the b band converter was bad. you would still receive your locals in hd without the converter unless d* converted it to the other satellite. if line of sight is an issue, have them move it. technically the techs cant leave the service call until the issue has been resolved.

Whatever you do, DO NOT MOVE the Dish.. Are you using diplexer in your setup?
If you are then this is causing HD signal to be filtered out( HD signal and cable) uses similar bandwidth frequency. One option is to put b band converter before first diplexer. Note that this sometimes work, but not supported config. Dont' ask me why.

Can you check channel (s) 480 and 481 for us.
This channel will tell you if your BBC's are working or even connected.
If you see the message stating
103 B band EVEN (and Odd on the other channel) BBC confirmed working.
Without these working you will not receive any mpeg4 channels.

Jimbo

Thanks, Rod

Have you subscribed to the newer plan? Do you have the latest 5 LNB Dish like the AT9 or AU9? Call DirecTV and let them know they can help you resolve the issue, that is why they have customer support. No matter how much you come to a non-authorized website for information, DirecTV will never fire or abandon their own technical support. So if these sites think they are going to get the work, they are dreamers.
:D:p:eek:

They say it here and many other competitors to go here for all your info and don't bother with DirecTV's site. You know that Jim.

That's because we generally have the correct information the first time.

I have a HR20-100 DVR and is working perfectly in the family room. I just upgraded my bedroom to a H21 and am not receiving all of the new channels, it seems that the even transponders are not receiving a signal on 103b. Directv is sending a tech out, they think it's the cable, but could it be the BBC?

I have a HR20-100 DVR and is working perfectly in the family room. I just upgraded my bedroom to a H21 and am not receiving all of the new channels, it seems that the even transponders are not receiving a signal on 103b. Directv is sending a tech out, they think it's the cable, but could it be the BBC?

Try swapping out the bbc's that you currently have, see if that clears your problem.
D* will send you out new BBC's if you ask them, no tech required.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts